• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Best Muzzleloading Magazines. Which is right for me?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sartana

32 Cal
Reaction score
Curious as to your opinions as to the best magazines dedicated to muzzleloading as it relates to my interests. Specifically, the 1750-1865 period with an emphasis on Flintlocks.

"Curious as to your opinions as to the best magazines dedicated to muzzleloading as it relates to my interests. Specifically, the 1750-1865 period with an emphasis on Flintlocks."

With the criteria that you want, Muzzle Blasts would not fulfill it. It's a good magazine, but it is written for a broad audience.

I get both and have for many years (approx 50+), Each has its advantages and strong points. MB comes each month and you can get a life membership, but they rely on members to donate articles. ML comes every other month, but they have a paid writing staff. I enjoy both. Enough said.

less not forget MUZZLELOADER MAGAZINE, THE OFFICIAL magazine of the NMLRA, NATIONAL MUZZLE LOADING ASSO.! been around sense 1939? I think? well surely a very long time!

sorry left out (RIFLE.) NATIONAL MUZZLE LOADING RIFLE ASSO. I get those senior moments from time to time!

we rely have to support them both. with all of the attacks that are being leveled at all gun owners / shooters of any weapons, black & smokeless. don't you think?. and especially us black powder lovers. the NMLRA is crucial to preserving the black powder sport for all of us. they have been around since 1939, I believe.

I get Muzzle Blasts with my NMLRA membership. It’s ok I guess. I wish there was a traditional muzzleloader magazine devoted to hunting. The history stuff in the other mags is ok but not really where my interests lie. You have your pick of bow hunting mags but not one muzzleloader hunting mag... :doh:

I bought my first issue, July-August issue of the Muzzleloader magazine a couple of weeks ago. Impressed with the printing and the information in the magazine. Thinking about subscribing. It would be my first mag subscription in about fifteen years.

Latest posts

Back