• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Capper review...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rudyard is right about Ken's Allport cappers. Never fail until the last cap. I'm lucky. Ken gave me one for a birthday present about 1975/80. He also made Bar cappers in several sizes and lengths up to 30 No11's. 066.JPGStill use it and it ain't going nowhere until I'm gone.. OLD DOG

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 74
I have one I really don’t like . It’s a straight line ... it doesn’t fit the Remington quite right but I thought it should be fine for a double barrel Pedersoli ...but after I would cap a nipple the next cap would fall out onto the ground . Since caps are impossible to buy right now , I was down on my knees trying to find them ... I wanted to try the straight line because I could pull it off to the side leaving the cap firmly seated . My issue with the polish capper is that I have to lift it up off the capped nipples somethings lifting the cap off the nipple in the process. Otherwise the polish capper works well ..

I never used a capper when I used musket caps. They're so easy to handle a capper isn't needed.
I agree as to ease . I was thinking of one to keep a smaller number available in a ready to use capper rather than having them in a case or loose on a table .

Rudyard is right about Ken's Allport cappers. Never fail until the last cap. I'm lucky. Ken gave me one for a birthday present about 1975/80. He also made Bar cappers in several sizes and lengths up to 30 No11's. View attachment 73036Still use it and it ain't going nowhere until I'm gone.. OLD DOG
He is only saying that because its true . Regards Rudyard

For what it’s worth , this is my take.
I tried Thompson Center U View Musket capper and I think it’s horrible.
scheutzen caps won’t slide forward . I’m returning it.
the straight line capper I got for revolvers and shotgun drops the next cap on the ground after capping.
Polish capper has issues when removing it from the capped cylinder in that the cap comes up .
The plastic star capper works well with 10s & 11s on revolver.

So I see that the payment is in Polish Currency, as well as shipped from Poland has anyone had any problems with the exchange rate and shipment problems? I have a Cash Snail and 10's are always side ways when they come out. Assistance is greatly appreciated.

RM

Universal capper made by Polish Cappers model PCC for over 150 percussion caps. Polish capper review; Used since beginning of 2019 . This about $60 shipped to the U.S. capper beats all the rest. Ted Cash types, Snail wind up types and even my custom 60 cap inline are left in reserve now. Works for Rogers & Spencer R.O.A.,all my Rem, Armys & Navys, Colts 51, 61,60 and single shots. Holds over 150 caps. Well machined and looks great. One of my better additions to my championship winning kit. Yes, having the best kit matters. Ease of use and comfort = better state of mind = more gold...c
Thanks. I'm looking into it!

I've not found a capper that works well with the 1860 army or the 1851 navy revolver except a par of hemostats or my fingers. With my arthritis my fingers don't even work well all the time.
All the cappers I have bought have been a disappointment in one way or another, even the much touted polish one. Mostly I just struggle with my fingers. Flintlocks are easier for me to deal with.

Back