• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bernadelli Mississippi Rifle in .58

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeadShark

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I was offered a Mississippi rifle from Bernadelli in .58. I have heard that the bolsters blew off on earlier ones. This one has a "W" and "Silesia" stamped on it.

Are they any good? What would be a good price?

I think the “W” stands for welded. As in the nipple bolster was welded on, instead of soldered or brazed.

Yes the "W" does mean welded. They are equal to (in my opinion slightly better) than the Italian products of the time period. I shot a Bernadelli for years but there wasn't much of the original gun left by the time I got it where I wanted it.

Yes the "W" does mean welded. They are equal to (in my opinion slightly better) than the Italian products of the time period. I shot a Bernadelli for years but there wasn't much of the original gun left by the time I got it where I wanted it.
So the weld is safe? Would rather not have parts flying at my shooting neighbour.

What did you have to change to get it shooting?

Yes the weld is safe.

Lengthened the stock a little and swapped the front barrel band for the short one. Hoyt lined barrel, 55 long range sight, taller front sight, added bayonet lug on the right side, completely reworked lock w/some replacement parts. Accurate configuration and N-SSA approved as one of the Mississippi variations.

Latest posts

Back