• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Beretta!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wondering about that aspect. Did they even have o/u shotguns in the percussion era? I've seen pics of o/u rifle/shotgun combos and o/u rifles from the period, but not a gun where both barrels were matching shotgun barrels.
They were popular on the Continent mostly by the Italians and also the German and French makers
Feltwad

I'm just reading along and hoping to learn something. But really, an O/U to hunt birds, is that how your eyes are located on your face :dunno: Ok, just having a little fun, carry on.
I prefer a original sxs be it a flinter or percussion to shoot game percussion for driven birds , flintlocks are ok for walking up or shooting over pointers or English setters. When this virus clears come to the UK and see what having
100_1731.JPG
fun is all about
Feltwad

I would prefer an original myself, not really an option, I'm happy to have my Berretta and able to get out over the other options.

Be ok with fine powder 🙂👍
To be fair the one I had before worked just fine.
Time will tell. There is a access scew underneath.

A friend of mine had one of those guns several years ago, and was plagued with misfires with the bottom barrel.
I suggested he put a musket cap nipple on the bottom barrel, and use the larger and hotter musket caps.
He did, and the problem went away. Of course, musket caps were more readily available then than they are now.

Britsmoothie needs to make a trip over here and spend a few days or weeks with some of us hunting feathered critters, and shooting all the guns that are not allowed where he lives.
Explain your reply more Should it not be the other way round ?
Feltwad

I prefer a original sxs be it a flinter or percussion to shoot game percussion for driven birds , flintlocks are ok for walking up or shooting over pointers or English setters. When this virus clears come to the UK and see what havingView attachment 62474 fun is all about
Feltwad
Lol. Every time I have fun over here you moan your bloody bag off 🤣 or phone the police 🤣🤣🤣

Back in the sixties when pheasants were plentiful, many guys had bird dog's, English setters and pointers, German shorthair, Irish setters, even beagles, and one that stood out, not because of its hunting ability, sadly I never hunted over it, but because of its looks, the Gordon setter, one of the most stately dogs I've ever seen in its bearing.
Robby

Hey is the CVA over under in any way related to the Beretta? I have had several
that I bought with parts from a defunct gun store in Illinois. One was new in
the box. I had a Kodiac double that cost me a lot more but I could hardly hold
it up,over 10 lbs, gave to Son. Just wondered about the CVA double O/U and
the Beretta being related.

Hey is the CVA over under in any way related to the Beretta? I have had several
that I bought with parts from a defunct gun store in Illinois. One was new in
the box. I had a Kodiac double that cost me a lot more but I could hardly hold
it up,over 10 lbs, gave to Son. Just wondered about the CVA double O/U and
the Beretta being related.
Good question. I have no idea though.