• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bench Vise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky182

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Anyone use a 5 inch swivel vise? That is what I have right now. Will this work for basic stock carving and metal filing?

I modified my cheap China vice as shown. I had no need for the water pipe holder.

Attachments

• DSCN0249.JPG
    DSCN0249.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0250.JPG
    DSCN0250.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0251.JPG
    DSCN0251.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 0
Very clever!

Vices are about the most used tool in the shop. Not just for gun building, but just about every other home repair you need to fix. It really pays to get good quality with them. They last forever too.

A good vice allows you to do good work easier, my best investment was this base that allows a vice to turn most any direction. One isn’t going to do everything but this one does a lot. I have several vices (the wife claims I have a few more :dunno:) and I use them all.
IMG_0464 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

Back