• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Belt knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehunter

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished this one and thought you might like a look.
9 1/4" blade of 0-1 steel
Iron guard and bolster, crown antler grip with iron pin.
As always, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Really an ultimate design. The straight point ought to be strong for any type of stabbing thrust. The edge goes right to the guard so no ricasso that could get snagged on ribs where you couldn't pull the blade out. Antler handle is rough and provides a good grip, tang reduces unnecessary weight. Guard doesn't appear to have any snags that could catch on your clothing when you draw the knife.
Good job indeed.

Nicely done -- great proportions - love the style - what is the width & thickness of the blade?

Zug, the blade is 1 7/16" at the guard and 1/8" thick.
Thanks all for the nice comments. :bow:

Style and design of the knife is very good. Also like the finish on the blade and the nice job you did integrating the handle shape and finish to the overall look of the knife. Should make a great knife for cleaning larger game.

lonehunter said:
Just finished this one and thought you might like a look.
9 1/4" blade of 0-1 steel
Iron guard and bolster, crown antler grip with iron pin.
As always, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Copying is the sincerest form of plagerism. :wink:
Oh! Oops :doh: that is how I got the design idea for my knife. :redface:
Actually, it is natural for folks to come up with similar ideas.
You well made, good looking, knife is very representative (IMHO) of a Rev. Rifleman's knife.
Well done, I like. :thumbsup:
Riflemanknife.jpg
[/URL][/img]

James out did himself on that one. It is even nicer than the photo shows. He added a low domed steel butt cap to it since, making it more finished looking, and hiding the poor saw cut job someone did on it. An excellent piece of work overall.

That knife is gorgeous!
Grasshopper done good!

The only one I ever saw to look purtier is my leg-bone-handle LRB knife. :wink:

Back