• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Belgium Colt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrneryOaf

32 Cal
Reaction score
Gents,
I got a nice score a few years ago at a pawn shop but dont know a lot about them. Its a Belgium made 1860 percussion pistol. Im used to the uberti and pietta as i shot
20201025_201628.jpg
20201025_201636.jpg
20201025_201648.jpg
them in sass. This one I've never shot as i read on the internet it was a special, made on colt tooling? Got the colt pony stamp on it and everything. Centaur. Any you guys know what these are going for? Probably gonna sell it to pay for a new gun. What says the rogues gallery?

Attachments

• 20201025_201652.jpg
    20201025_201652.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 108
I'm a shooter, dont really collect. I may just shoot it. Its pretty nice now. Probably put it up on the mp.....also I looked at the croc site, pretty cool. Found out she was made in 1963.

These are very desirable. I always keep an eye out at gun shows, as most dealers have no idea. There is a whole collecting niche for replica BP revolvers and the Centaur is right up there.

These are ads from three issues of Guns Magazine 1961-1962. All are Centaures marketed in the US by Centennial Arms, Chicago IL, back when one could fill out the coupon, send a check, and have them mailed to you, no questions asked.

Regards,

Jim

Centennial 1961 GUNS 001.jpg
Centennial 1962 GUNS 001.jpg
Centennial 1962 GUNS 002.jpg

I thought I sent you a PM - I'll try again.

How about you PMing me? One way or the other we should hook up.

I've been researching these guns and wow..you guys were right, there are actually websites for collectors of these,lol...but for the life of me, prices are like 400- to Lord knows how high for the super nice ones with the shoulder stocks...

I have a HARPERS FERRY FLINT LOCK PISTOL, also made by then in the 1960's. they sold for $29.00 and now they are going NORTH of $600.00 to $800.00. on GUN BROKER. the reason being is that it is said that they were made on the original machinery and there fore they are the same as the ones made in 1807. nothing like the one being put out by PEDERSOLI, with all of the fancy engraving on the lock, and being blued. so as stated you are very lucky.

They often will command prices similar to 2nd Gen Colt percussion revolvers. I have #038 that was made in 1959. The whole Italian black powder industry was created because American importers wanted a cheaper alternative to the Belgian replicas which cost much more to produce. The Belgian guns are also dimensionally much closer tot he originals than the Italian clones.

The Centaure guns were made on modern machinery of the 1960s, but the contract with Colt was never cancelled, so the Model 1960 can correctly be said to being made under contract with Colt.

Back