• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndSay22

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just joined the site here. I was hoping I could get some help with the specifics of identifying this Percussion Cap Double-Barreled Shotgun - pictures attached.

From my browsing, it seems like I have a Belgian piece, judging by the two biggest proof marks. I can also see some marks that indicate a British proof.

IMG_0674.jpg
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg
IMG_0679.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg
IMG_0681.jpg

Aside from that, I'm having difficulty nailing down an approximate year of manufacture or model (if there is such a thing). Any help would be adored!

Some background: My grandfather (92) found this piece when he was a kid. It was in an abandoned farmhouse near an old iron furnace in rural Pennsylvania. He gave it to me because I've always admired it when I came to visit. I would love to learn all I can about this pretty nice shotgun! Though one nipple and hammer are worse for wear, and the half-cock is no longer a safety, the gun is otherwise in good shape!

Thanks!

Back