• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Belgian 1860 replacement nipples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsk

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

Does anyone know of a source for replacement nipples for a Belgian Centaure 1860? Honestly I'm not even sure what the correct size should be. I've checked all the online shops I can think of but I'm not seeing any mentioned for sale.

TIA

Hope this info helps:
Go to Centaure & FROCS website www.1960nma.org
# Check Book of Centaures
#
Scroll down to chapter 4.7 Gunsmithing
#
Scroll down to sub-chapter 4.7.2.9 Nipples
The info you need is under Step 4.
Best,
Long Johns Wolf

Hi LJW, I've seen that information before. Unfortunately the guy in Germany who made new nipples doesn't seem to be in business anymore, and I lack the tools to modify Pietta nipples to fit. With all the shops here in the USA selling blackpowder nipples of every shape and size imaginable (Track of the Wolf, Dixie, etc) I would've thought somebody would have them.

The ones on my revolver technically still work, but a couple were replaced over the years and the flash holes are different sizes. Also, no percussion cap known to man fits very well on them. The closest I've found are Remington #11's, but they fit loose and yet still will not go all the way on the tapered nipples without causing cylinder binding.

Thanks, I will see if I can order a set or two. This is too nice a revolver to turn into a wall hanger.

Latest posts

Back