• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Bees Wax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capnball:
Thank you but the problem has been solved by a lot of very nice folks here, yourself included.
Have a Merry Christmas.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Back at ya two feathers, I use a 50/50 beeswax/crisco mix as a ball lube for my .58 cal Bridesberg. Works great! For some odd reason I'm always hungry after I leave the range.
KIMG1652.JPG
KIMG1654.JPG
KIMG1655.JPG

I know this is a little late because I could have gotten you all you could ever use. I allow a guy to raise bees on my property and he doesn't harvest the wax just the honey. I got a few pounds last year but had to process it myself. Next fall when he takes in the honey I'll try and get some for whoever wants it here.
That's really nice of you! Seriously!

Thank you, Two Feathers, for posting this! I should have thought of asking the question.

I could also use a few pounds, and don't mind some cleanup if it's dirty. Keep me in mind for next spring, Andy!

Toilet wax rings are not all bees wax. There are softeners in there, too. It would probably work for water proofing, but it is also sticky to help seal the toilet to the floor. A wax ring is soft at much lower temperatures than pure bees wax. Good that people are stepping up for you. đź‘Ť

Howdy folks:
Does anyone here sell bees wax in some form, Cakes, blocks, sheets, etc.?
I only need a pound. I got tired of buying bees wax Toilet bowl rings and melting them. I have some small (1"X2") blocks here, that I bought for waxing my stitching thread, but I need a bit more, as I don't want to melt those down.
Thank you in advance for any help. I use PayPal for payment. Just an FYI.
God bless:
Two Feathers
If you can't find someone closer to you, I can spare you a pound

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the chain here. Glad you found what you needed and was helped out here.
one thing I did recently and it worked pretty well. Those little balls of cheese at the grocery store , a bag full of them and the bag is a netting material. Anyway I peeled the wax coating off and kept it. Every time I ate one I saved the wax and rolled it into a ball. I ended up with a ball about 2-3” across and it works perfect for waxing thread when I sew Leather and bags.

I just saw the chain here. Glad you found what you needed and was helped out here.
one thing I did recently and it worked pretty well. Those little balls of cheese at the grocery store , a bag full of them and the bag is a netting material. Anyway I peeled the wax coating off and kept it. Every time I ate one I saved the wax and rolled it into a ball. I ended up with a ball about 2-3” across and it works perfect for waxing thread when I sew Leather and bags.
Reno:
Thanks buddy.
I don't buy those little Baby Bell cheeses, a bit to "salty" (expensive) for my tastes, but I like the way you think. 🤔 :thumb: I'm a cheese freak, but it's not really too good for you.

Anyway, about 10 years ago I bought 4 little "sticks" of Bees wax. Around 3/4" wide, 3" long, and maybe 1/2" thick? I still haven't used the first one up yet?

Yeah, the folks here jumped right on the wagon when my S.O.S. went out? I'm always amazed at how fast the guys (n gals) here are to help out, good people!
I have some coming right now.
We used to have an archery shop here, and the owner made blocks of Bees Wax for bow strings. He melted it into muffin tins. Each about half full and sold them for $0.50 apiece. I used up the last one I had 20 years ago.
So, in closing, Thank you for the idea, sounds very suitable. :thumb:
Merry Christmas. 🎄🎅
Gods bless:
Two Feathers

Bees wax can usually be obtained from Honey producers , and at farmers markets . Yellow bees wax is natural un refined wax , white bees wax is pressure refined and tends to be softer than yellow , I mix yellow bees wax with olive oil .ratio 2 wax 1 oil microwave it until mixable and pour it into little plastic pots and seal the lid on , this gets used on metal , same amounts with artists grade boiled linseed oil ( real boiled linseed ) that gets used on wood and same again with neat's-foot oil , that gets used on leather . Amounts of wax /oil depend on your climate . I last made some 12 years ago , and still have some left in perfect condition .

I always have a bunch of beeswax sitting around. But it’s not worth the effort to drive out to ship unless somebody wants 5-lb at a time (assuming $10/lb). Not many people need large blocks of wax — a little goes a long way. If you’re interested in a bulk order, send me a PM. I keep top-bar hives and get quite a bit of wax each year around early summer. As of now, I have a single block in the garage that’s about 5-10 lb.

how much for that block, shipped?

Bees wax can usually be obtained from Honey producers , and at farmers markets . Yellow bees wax is natural un refined wax , white bees wax is pressure refined and tends to be softer than yellow , I mix yellow bees wax with olive oil .ratio 2 wax 1 oil microwave it until mixable and pour it into little plastic pots and seal the lid on , this gets used on metal , same amounts with artists grade boiled linseed oil ( real boiled linseed ) that gets used on wood and same again with neat's-foot oil , that gets used on leather . Amounts of wax /oil depend on your climate . I last made some 12 years ago , and still have some left in perfect condition .
Cutfingers:
Thank you my friend. I've gotten a number of replies from members concerning my SOS for Bees Wax.
Right now I think I have enough coming to last me a lifetime, at least MY lifetime. :thumb: ;)
I'll have to give your recipe a try. Thank you again. Keep up your great work. I always enjoy seeing it.
Merry Christmas.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Must have thrown enough of those wax wrappers away to supply everyone on the forum. My oldest boy loved them cheese wheels and ate them nearly everyday with his lunch growing up. Lol

Howdy folks:
Does anyone here sell bees wax in some form, Cakes, blocks, sheets, etc.?
I only need a pound. I got tired of buying bees wax Toilet bowl rings and melting them. I have some small (1"X2") blocks here, that I bought for waxing my stitching thread, but I need a bit more, as I don't want to melt those down.
Thank you in advance for any help. I use PayPal for payment. Just an FYI.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Toilet bowl wax is not very pure. I has petroleum and other products added to it. May not be a deal-breaker for your intended purposes, though.
Hobby Lobby and other craft stores often carry the pure stuff.

Back