• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Bees Wax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks:
Does anyone here sell bees wax in some form, Cakes, blocks, sheets, etc.?
I only need a pound. I got tired of buying bees wax Toilet bowl rings and melting them. I have some small (1"X2") blocks here, that I bought for waxing my stitching thread, but I need a bit more, as I don't want to melt those down.
Thank you in advance for any help. I use PayPal for payment. Just an FYI.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Beekeepers sell it here. Also Bee supply houses sell it. Maybe someone here has
a block to send. Beeswax is a great material because of its chemical properties
to blend in with other oils and greases. It has good heat resistance. Guns get
hot--so that resistance to moderate heat makes beeswax the ticket. It also
waterproofs and seals out moisture. On top of that it is a traditional natural
product of the farmstead. Lube usually contains around 50% beeswax and
then the other part what, the shooter decides based upon many recipes.

I know this is a little late because I could have gotten you all you could ever use. I allow a guy to raise bees on my property and he doesn't harvest the wax just the honey. I got a few pounds last year but had to process it myself. Next fall when he takes in the honey I'll try and get some for whoever wants it here.

Howdy guys:
I much appreciate the historical literature, but I'm just interested in buying some.
I use it for waterproofing some of my leather work. andy52, yes please keep me in mind, thank you.
Thank y'all very much.
God bless:
Two Feathers

How clean do you need it? I just cleaned up a bunch 2 weeks ago, but it still has a few bee chunks in it.
bluemule66:
What do you mean exactly by "bee chunks?"?? I would like it cleaned, but if it's fairly free of debris like sticks and grasses, then I think it'll "bee fine"? :ThankYou::)
Please let me know how much $, and as close as you can get to answering my query about the cleanliness?
Thank you:
Two Feathers

bluemule66:
What do you mean exactly by "bee chunks?"?? I would like it cleaned, but if it's fairly free of debris like sticks and grasses, then I think it'll "bee fine"? :ThankYou::)
Please let me know how much $, and as close as you can get to answering my query about the cleanliness?
Thank you:
Two Feathers
I'm going to reply for him because I've done what's required to clean it that's how I get mine.
The first layer of wax taken from the cone is pretty clean, the next is mixed within the cone and has to be boiled in water to release the wax. it's almost like casting bullets, scraping the nasty stuff off the top let the water cool and the wax will be on the top.

I'm going to reply for him because I've done what's required to clean it that's how I get mine.
The first layer of wax taken from the cone is pretty clean, the next is mixed within the cone and has to be boiled in water to release the wax. it's almost like casting bullets, scraping the nasty stuff off the top let the water cool and the wax will be on the top.
andy52:
Thank you. That doesn't sound too hard? More time consuming than anything else.
OK...now for the $65,000.00 question, How much and how much? I mean, how much bees wax is there, and how much for it? You cam PM me with the info. and I'll reply with my shipping address provided we deal?
Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Hey Stan:
Thank you buddy. You just keep comin' through, don't you?
I'll at least pay the S&H. Send me a PM with the price in it.
I'll get an email off to you soon. It's been a few days. Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Dave, it will be Tuesday or Wednesday before I can mail. I have to work on a leaking water line first. Please send your address. I think I have it but not sure.
Stan

Beekeepers sell it here. Also Bee supply houses sell it. Maybe someone here has
a block to send. Beeswax is a great material because of its chemical properties
to blend in with other oils and greases. It has good heat resistance. Guns get
hot--so that resistance to moderate heat makes beeswax the ticket. It also
waterproofs and seals out moisture. On top of that it is a traditional natural
product of the farmstead. Lube usually contains around 50% beeswax and
then the other part what, the shooter decides based upon many recipes.
William Lincoln:
I'm sorry if I sounded like a wise guy with my reply, I never meant to. I was not thinking when I sent that response. I very much appreciate the time you took to enlighten me. I knew of some of the uses, but not all of them.
It would appear that I've suddenly come across some? Thank you all for your generous input, suggestions, and help.
My sincerest apologies to William Lincoln.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I always have a bunch of beeswax sitting around. But it’s not worth the effort to drive out to ship unless somebody wants 5-lb at a time (assuming $10/lb). Not many people need large blocks of wax — a little goes a long way. If you’re interested in a bulk order, send me a PM. I keep top-bar hives and get quite a bit of wax each year around early summer. As of now, I have a single block in the garage that’s about 5-10 lb.

I always have a bunch of beeswax sitting around. But it’s not worth the effort to drive out to ship unless somebody wants 5-lb at a time (assuming $10/lb). Not many people need large blocks of wax — a little goes a long way. If you’re interested in a bulk order, send me a PM. I keep top-bar hives and get quite a bit of wax each year around early summer. As of now, I have a single block in the garage that’s about 5-10 lb.
Nuthatch:
Thank you, but I only ever need a pound at a time, and one pound will last me the rest of my life. Right now I've got a bunch of offers to send me some. I'll keep you in mind though. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy folks:
Does anyone here sell bees wax in some form, Cakes, blocks, sheets, etc.?
I only need a pound. I got tired of buying bees wax Toilet bowl rings and melting them. I have some small (1"X2") blocks here, that I bought for waxing my stitching thread, but I need a bit more, as I don't want to melt those down.
Thank you in advance for any help. I use PayPal for payment. Just an FYI.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Got a block off Amazon.

Latest posts

Back