• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Beer Can Busters of the World Unite

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer cans are 5crnts ea by us don’t shoot them. Also not a good idea to shoot cans off the hood of your truck one low shot and you will have a nasty hole in your hood.
If you use a scope (o_O) across the hood of the truck don't forget about parallax. Shooting at a ground squirrel one day I forgot. When I pulled the trigger the shot made a weird metallic *boing* and missed 5 feet high.
The truck still had the 4" crease in the hood when I finally traded it. 🙄

wm

Last edited:
Just a reminder, gunpowder and alcohol DON'T mix.
Shooting off roadways is illegal in most states. So if you want to "harvest " cans from ROW then take shooting that's fine.

I was shooting my CVA Kentucky rifle at a deer lease and someone said "use my truck hood as a rest ". I did and left a big black mark on his 1998 Ford. (Was about 20 years ago.)

As far as recycling aluminum I saw years ago where 90% of the cost of a can is mining it from the ground. We now make an effort to recycle our aluminum cans to do our part.

Well I was out Sunday with the Lyman GPR54 shooting at beer cans off the hood of the truck with the son-in-law and the grandson.

Jambuster if you aim a little low then you might hit your truck hood. ROFLMAO.
Seriously that is a lot of fun. If you ever let them beercans take hold they are hard to get rid of.

At the rendezvous in Raton, NM they have a shoot called Pop Cans for popping the cans, regardless of previous contents. It is a two shooter team event. Two aluminum drink cans are set out at about 15 yards. The bottom one is filled with water and the top one is empty. The rifleman has to shoot the bottom can, creating a waterjet out the drink hole, launching the empty can into the air. The shotgunner shoots the flying can. Can with the most pellet holes wins. Often it is five shots with three from your own gun and two from your partners gun. Shotgunners can just show up. There are plenty of rifles looking for a partner.

While I don't shoot beer cans . I often played "cut the can" with the grandkids. We each tie a pop can from a string step back about fifteen yards and shoot the cans with the daisy red riders until one of us cuts the can into two pieces.

Beer cans are ok to shoot in your local rock pits as long as you pick them up. Refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, and tv sets are probably ok too as long as you pick them up. Don't forget to take your wore out recliners with you when you leave. Otherwise, your local rock pit will be shut down and off limits to everyone like most of the places we used to shoot.

I miss the days of shooting rats, cans, fridges and other manure at the town dump. 40-50 years ago it was the highlife of a Saturday night!

Seems to be many who hear beer can shooting and think drinking and have to give a lecture about alcohol and firearms. I thought prohibition and that was way over but they still have to judge.

Back