• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Beer Can Busters of the World Unite

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I was out Sunday with the Lyman GPR54 shooting at beer cans off the hood of the truck with the son-in-law and the grandson and I was reminded that beer cans are an invasive species found worldwide. Now I want to know have you asked yourself have I done enough to end the beer can scruuge. I realized I have been remiss in my duties to blow every beer can I leave empty to pieces. I think everybody on this forum should take a pledge to exterminate every beer can they empty with a patched round ball , maxi-ball, or some similar projectile between now and Christmas . As we all know it is the GREEN thing to do. Who is with me in this effort to prevent beer cans without holes from ending up in the land fill or worse running free down the highway ?

I never encourage anyone to drink and shoot, you obviously meant you save up your cans and shoot them later. I'm not going to risk shooting anything off the hood of my truck, accidentsdo happen and I sure as hell don't need anyone poking holes into the hood or fender.

Don't think there is enough ammo to make a dent in the numbers of cans. I volunteer to pick trash for a local rails to trails atv club. One outing renders a 5 ton dump truck full . That would take a bunch of balls to punch each one. Sounds like fun , though.

unfortunately I don’t have beer cans to target anymore, I have been reduced to whitclaws, my awesome wife of 23 years said that beer makes my farts stink! So no more beer. The whiteclaw cans are taller and narrower, still a fine target.

I never encourage anyone to drink and shoot, you obviously meant you save up your cans and shoot them later. I'm not going to risk shooting anything off the hood of my truck, accidentsdo happen and I sure as hell don't need anyone poking holes into the hood or fender.
You must be shooting them short rifles. When parked off a back country road and shooting at something small, I'm find that my poor boy pretty much sticks out the other side of my truck hood.
If I could possibly screw up and shoot my truck, I think it would be time to not load and just hollar BANG.

Hey I was not suggesting drink and shoot at the same time. There are plenty of beer and cola cans on the roads . Also I recycle the remains and don't send the to the land fill. I should have been more clear.

We were just shooting beer cans on Sunday and I've always enjoyed watching them dance. Particularly with my GPR.

Now I want to know have you asked yourself have I done enough to end the beer can scruuge. As we all know it is the GREEN thing to do.

Actually I am my own recycling plant, as I regularly clean, refill, and cap old beer bottles after I fill them with newly fermented beer. After about a month, they are carbonated. Alas we must use biodegradable targets at the local ranges, and I have no private property to render holes in beer cans.

LD

unfortunately I don’t have beer cans to target anymore, I have been reduced to whitclaws, my awesome wife of 23 years said that beer makes my farts stink! So no more beer. The whiteclaw cans are taller and narrower, still a fine target.

How emasculating lol.;)

Tin cans, no matter the previous contents, are always a whoot and a wholler to shoot. A fat “low n’ slow” .44 roundball from a cap n’ ball pistol will send them sky high and it’s always a pleasure.

Hey I was not suggesting drink and shoot at the same time. There are plenty of beer and cola cans on the roads . Also I recycle the remains and don't send the to the land fill. I should have been more clear.

We were just shooting beer cans on Sunday and I've always enjoyed watching them dance. Particularly with my GPR.

I didn’t think you were but we live in an accusational society these days, some never like to miss a chance to judge.

And for goodness sake, pick them up after shooting. I hate shooting at the trashdumps that some moron shooters leave behind, and seeing garbage dumps in the woods.
But cans off the road - free targets, and recyclable or redeemable after.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for goodness sake, pick them up after shooting. I hate shooting at the sh#tpile trashdumps that some moron shooters leave behind, and seeing garbage dumps in the woods.
But cans off the road - free targets, and recyclable or redeemable after.

You’d have a stroke if you saw some spots in Nevada, it’s really bad.

I shoot on my own property so picking up shooting debris is prerequisite. I "go bowling" with cans refilled with water and set up 10 at a time in random fashion from 70 to 100yds. The goal is to explode 10 cans with 10 shots for a perfect game score. When hit dead center, they are explosive fun targets. Just be careful cleaning up, they are razor sharp pieces.

It's illegal in the UK to
1; drink and drive.
2; throw trash out of a vehicle on a public highway.
3; shoot closer than 50yds from the centre of a highway and,
4; shoot from a vehicle on a public highway .

Same here in most states. Except usually it's 50 yards from the nearest edge of the roadway, not the center. Still...,

SHOT SIGN.JPG

LD

Well I was out Sunday with the Lyman GPR54 shooting at beer cans off the hood of the truck with the son-in-law and the grandson and I was reminded that beer cans are an invasive species found worldwide. Now I want to know have you asked yourself have I done enough to end the beer can scruuge. I realized I have been remiss in my duties to blow every beer can I leave empty to pieces. I think everybody on this forum should take a pledge to exterminate every beer can they empty with a patched round ball , maxi-ball, or some similar projectile between now and Christmas . As we all know it is the GREEN thing to do. Who is with me in this effort to prevent beer cans without holes from ending up in the land fill or worse running free down the highway ?
Beer cans are 5crnts ea by us don’t shoot them. Also not a good idea to shoot cans off the hood of your truck one low shot and you will have a nasty hole in your hood.

Back