• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

been a long time ....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kypowderhorn

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Question , I have had a cannon for 40 years . its one that my dad and I made . my question is , do u stuff newspaper inside it to create a boom ? Going to probably use about 250 grains of 2f to start . bore size is about the dia of a soup can . Thanks
Neal

You do not need to stuff newspaper down the barrel. Just roll up a charge from cooking foil and put that down the barrel, remember to run a prick down the touch hole.

I use 1.5 to 2 ounces of powder(cannon 1f or 2f) in my cannons, get the best boom from the cannon grade, i use 1f for live fire.Stick to true BP. Do not use pyrodex for blank fire,As will get a lot of smoke but not much boom.

My cannons are 1.25in and 1.5in bore, and can be heard up to 1 mile away.

Mine has a 2" bore. I use paper towels for wadding. Probably not a good idea if you are in an area that is fire prone.
Robby

Back