• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bedford pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Looking back I'm pretty sure the pouch I had with the long flap was not a separate flap and not sewn with a long seam at the top. So perhaps that is the reason it worked out so poorly for me.

Gus

Artificer said:
Thank you. Looking back I'm pretty sure the pouch I had with the long flap was not a separate flap and not sewn with a long seam at the top. So perhaps that is the reason it worked out so poorly for me.

Sounds as though we have another experience in common! :hatsoff:

Glad you chimed in on it. I was hoping you would add your two cents. I really value your experience with these bags in so much wet/cold weather and in use in the brush.

My intent was to save someone new to such bags problems and we did that, but also I learned something new, which is great. Thank you.

Gus

I personally know of a Bedford County rifle that was originally flint. It has the classic rattailed lock but now has a percussion hammer with the initials of another Bedford 'smith that likely did the conversion. IIRC, there was one (flint)for sale at the KRA meeting in July, but its condition seemed lacking for its $25K+ price. They exist, but the best specimens are in private collections and are rarely shown.

Thank you all very much for all of your input. This gives me some ideas of what the style looks like as well as some of the issues. Lots to think about, but plenty of time as the gun is not completed yet.

Back