• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Beaver Tail Skinning knife.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

Here’s my newest Beaver Tail skinning knife. I said I’d never make another one of these, guess I was wrong?

I changed my original design to this new “hybrid” design. It combines the shape of my Nessmuk blade with the rounded tip of my original Beaver Tail skinner to produce a new shape that seems to work better than my original?

The price is $165.00 + $15.00 USD$ shipped & insured to any of the actual 50 United States.

Due to hand crafting, all measurements are approx. The overall length is 7-3/16, the 1095 high carbon steel blade measures 3-7/8” long by 1-1/4” wide at the widest point. The 3/32” thick blade is razor sharp all the way around 80% of the tip! The whole design concept was to make for a faster skinning of Beaver with minimal or NO holes in the expensive hides. So far, I’m told this design works really well. The handle is nicely figured Curly Maple. The scales are pinned on with (2) 1/8” Iron pins. The handle is sanded, oiled, waxed, and buffed to a nice finish.

The sheath is made of 5oz. vegetable tanned tooling hide. It’s Dark Brown in color. It has been hand saddle stitched. It has a belt loop that will take a 3” wide belt. The belt loop is hand saddle stitched down with the same Brown thread. The sheath has a raw edged “flap” of natural colored Smoked Buckskin down over the top front; it protects the handle from the rough edges of the leather and beaver tail. That flap has been stitched to the front with the same thread. The front covering is real; Brown colored, tanned, Beaver tail leather. The knife sets very deeply and tightly, into the sheath. There’s NO fear that it will fall out.

The sheath also has a welt to protect the stitches from the blade.

This is a working trapper’s knife; and is meant to be used! But don’t think that it’s JUST for trappers. It’ll work just as well as any modern hunting knife for dressing and skinning chores.

This knife will get admiring looks, questions, and requests for its use. Hang on to it; it’s a Two Feathers knife. Besides skinning, it will cut patches, peel spuds, cut your steak, dress any game, and get you noticed. This ain’t your Grandpappy’s “huntin’ knife!”

I cannot ship this knife to Canada due to the beaver tail and Canadian wildlife laws. All prices are in USD$ to the 50 actual United states.

I prefer PayPal, but I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 001.JPG
    Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 001.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 002.JPG
    Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 002.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 003.JPG
    Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 003.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 004.JPG
    Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 004.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 116
  • Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 005.JPG
    Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 005.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 006.JPG
    Beaver Tail Skinner 11-16-2021 006.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 75
Got it today. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but it looks perfect and the beavertail sheath is great as well. Thanks much Two Feathers.
cornstalk:
Thank ya.' much for your time and business. I look forward to hearing about your Alaskan adventures using my knife. Good luck on your trap line. Give it a workout!
Merry Christmas.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back