• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN Beaver Tail Skinning knife and sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

Here’s another of my Beaver Tail skinning knives. That I said "I'll NEVER make another of." :dunno: o_O

I changed my original design to this new “hybrid” design. It combines the shape of my Nessmuk blade with the rounded tip of my original Beaver Tail skinner to produce a new “Hybrid” shape that seems to be better than my original?

The price is $200.00 shipped and insured to any of the 50 actual United States.

The overall length is 7-1/2”, the 1095 high carbon steel blade measures 4” long by 1-1/8” wide at the widest point. The blade is razor sharp all the way around 90% of the tip! The whole design concept was to make for faster skinning of Beaver or any animal, with minimal or NO holes in the hide. So far, I’m told this knife design works really well. The handle is Osage Orange. The scales are pinned on with (2) 1/8” Iron pins. The handle is sanded and buffed. The longer this wood is exposed to sunlight, the more Golden Honey color it will become. Osage Orange is an ideal wood for knives exposed to a lot of moisture and wet environments. Its oily/waxy nature makes it naturally water resistant. There are stories of Osage Orange fence posts in Texas that have been in the ground for a hundred + years with no signs of decay. This is natures “bullet proof” building material.

The sheath is made of 6 oz. vegetable tanned tooling leather. It’s dyed Medium Brown in color. It has been hand saddle stitched. It has a belt loop that will take a 2-3/4” wide belt. The belt loop is saddle stitched down as well. The knife sets deep enough into the tight fitting sheath that it won’t fall out. The sheath has a front cover of real tanned Beaver Tail hide and an apron along the throat of Gold; smoke tanned, buckskin which has been stitched along the opening. The buckskin helps protect the knife handle from the tough Beaver Tail hide and gives a very nice PC look. I haven't signed the sheath yet, but I will before I ship it.

The entire sheath has been treated with sealer for more moisture protection. The sheath also has a welt to protect the stitches from the blade. Furthermore this is an ambidextrous sheath. It can be worn Right OR Left handed!

This knife will get you admiring looks, inquisitive questions, and requests for its use. Hang on to it; it’s a Two Feathers knife. Besides skinning, it will cut patches, peel spuds, cut your steak, and dress any game you shoot or trap. This ain’t yer Granddaddy’s “huntin’ knife.”

I ship/sell to Canada, but my prices are all in USD$.

I prefer PayPal. Please, use the PayPal friend’s option, but will take MO’s or checks. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. Checks will add 1 week for travel AND 1 week for bank clearance. I only ship on Tuesdays and Fridays. The exceptions would be PO hours and extreme weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 001.JPG
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 001.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 004.JPG
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 004.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 005.JPG
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 005.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 4
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 006.JPG
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 006.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 007.JPG
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 007.JPG
    467.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 008.JPG
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 02-16-2023 008.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 0
I have the first one. Just like it, a combined design effort between Two feathers and myself. Highly recommend the design, very comfortable in hand. ....and you said you'd never make another!...lol Don't wait on this knife....highly recommend it.

Hey Blaze:
Thank you very much for our time to reply.
Yeah, NEVER making another one? lol What's that old saying? "never say never?" :oops:
It was a nice project. I'm glad it turned out to your liking.
I thought for sure Ames would be the first to jump on this listing to remark?
Be good buddy.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I was away in Quebec, dog sledding.
Somebody should jump on this knife. I still swear by mine as a fast skinner of deer and zero holes in the hide!
Ames:
Thank you buddy.
I'm glad you still like yours. Did you win the dog sled race? They have Snow up there already?? Good to have you back, safe. :thumb:
Keep skinnin' those deer.
God bless:
Two Feathers

To be fair, I think you said that because I requested the snap on a leather retaining strap be added to the sheath on mine. It drove you nuts trying to protect the handle from the snaps backside. I think.
But I'm old and memory can be twisted a bit some days. ;)
Ames:
After reviewing my pics. I do believe that you are correct? The snap was a real PITA to get set in a manner that wouldn't Damage that Ash handle?
Normally I don't make these with a snap on the sheath, so your request threw me. :dunno: :doh:
Now I just need someone to realize HOW fantastic these knives are for their intended purpose; skinning without damaging the hide. I guess that only matters to a trapper or maybe a taxidermist?
Thank you for letting me relive that nightmare. :eek::eek::eek:
How's things up there?
God bless:
Two Feathers

I see now the new setup has the knife deeper into the sheath, eliminating my original concerns. Good job on the design.
Don't worry. A hunter is going to buy this one. Best darn skinnin' knife I ever owned. :thumb: It will skin out a deer or other real fast with no holes in the hide to ruin your leather.

I see now the new setup has the knife deeper into the sheath, eliminating my original concerns. Good job on the design.
Don't worry. A hunter is going to buy this one. Best darn skinnin' knife I ever owned. :thumb: It will skin out a deer or other real fast with no holes in the hide to ruin your leather.
Ames:
Thank you very much. Endorsements & feedback from actual users of my accoutrements & knives are the best advertisement I could ever ask for!
I appreciate you taking your time to post here, so others know what an actual owner/user has to say about my work.
May the Good Lord bless you with a bounty of deer to use that knife on for the rest of our life.:~)))
God bless:
Two Feathers

I would love love to have such a good skinning knife, unfortunately taxes have bitten pretty hard this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back