• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Beautiful .54 Leman Indian Trade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Will consider payment plans, if interested. You have seen this one before. I bought it from a fine gentleman on this forum. Proved to be a bit heavy for me, so I bought a lighter rifle. What I was told is that this rifle began its life as a Green River Rifle Works .54 Flintlock Indian Trade Rifle kit. Original owner never assembled it. In 1996, the kit was given to former GRRW employee Gene Moss to complete. It is a little murky from here. It is unclear if the original kit barrel was used. GRRW did not stamp their kit barrels, as they did completed rifles. Or did Mr Moss use one of his own barrels? The top flat is stamped "NO. 39, G. MOSS and1996. The left side of the barrel near the breech is stamped GREEN RIVER upside down. This is clearly not GRRW's mark, but may have been Mr. Moss's way of indicating the rifle's genesis/pedegree. Underside of barrel stamped GENE E. MOSS and PRATHER. The inside of the butt is stamped GRRW, as is the trigger guard (no photo). In any event, this is a beautiful, well made rifle. Its 32" browned barrel has a patina finish. It is 1 1/16" across the flats and has a very good .54 bore with minor freckling. Looks like 1:66ish twist. The Tiger Maple stock is really outstanding in its grain and color. Brass fitted. LOP is 13 1/2". Single trigger. It weighs around 9 pounds. $1450 SHIPPED.
IMG_20220508_135127164.jpg
IMG_20220504_130830553.jpg
IMG_20220504_131034236.jpg
IMG_20220504_130844368.jpg
IMG_20220504_131042973.jpg
IMG_20220504_130900550.jpg
IMG_20220504_131050824.jpg
IMG_20220504_130907187.jpg
IMG_20220504_131056253.jpg
IMG_20220504_131215326.jpg

Last edited:
Please, does this rifle have any cast off for the right handed shooter?
Is the barrel swamped?
I'm new to better quality muzzle loaders, ESPECIALLY flintlock rifles.
What's involved to clean it after shooting?
Is the barrel easily and quickly removed, and is the reinstall easy and quick, or does each of those procedures take 15 minutes?
Thank you for your patience with the ignorant, me!

BigSky, I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a bear hunt in Canada but when I get back in 2 weeks I'll get ahold of you about this gun. Very interested in it.
Curiosity killed the cat.. How do you transport your guns and ammo across the border?

Curiosity killed the cat.. How do you transport your guns and ammo across the border?
You stop and declare them at the border. They get inspected and if all is well, you go on your way. Just be aware that they do not allow many firearms that we can own. Bolt action and pump guns are okay. Some semi-autos are not. We downloaded the forms beforehand and had them filled out before crossing. Also be aware that if you have a record, some violations may prevent you from entering Canada. It is best to check beforehand.

You stop and declare them at the border. They get inspected and if all is well, you go on your way. Just be aware that they do not allow many firearms that we can own. Bolt action and pump guns are okay. Some semi-autos are not. We downloaded the forms beforehand and had them filled out before crossing. Also be aware that if you have a record, some violations may prevent you from entering Canada. It is best to check beforehand.
Any problems coming back? Forgot to ask, are you going for griz? I hope you don't wind up froze to a tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back