• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Beautiful .45 Southern Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale is this Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle, newly finished and test-fired. It's super fast and easy to aim.
Asking $1,500 with free shipping to Lower 48.
About this rifle: Extra Fancy Maple with some Bird's Eye figuring in it as well. The flintlock is Kibler's own CNC Ketland, and is very fast and smooth. Double set triggers (Kibler made as well).
I inlaid a Hunter's Star (German Silver) on the cheek piece and a steel toe plate. I also did some nice incise carving behind the cheek piece. Pull is 13.75" Swamped Kibler barrel is 44" from muzzle to breech.
Wow- the gun is light!!! On my bathroom scale it registers 6 pounds (but it's not a digital scale).
Some other things- It is too light for my taste. I am not accustomed to such a light rifle and prefer a heavier gun.
Also, the trigger guard at the forward bow is not quite touching the Trigger Plate (see photo). It's a minor thing and I am lowering the price because of it.
I would be happy to provide any further photos
Discrete PayPal Friends and Family accepted.
Thanks for looking!
~Bob S

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 435
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 444
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 443
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 416
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 402
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 413
  • Trigger Guard b.jpg
    Trigger Guard b.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 426
That fit and finish is beautiful. That looks to me like it's worth every penny asked. Beautiful rifle sir!
That rifle is worth a Whole Lot more pennies than he's asking... if I hadn't already built a Kibler .40 SMR, I'd jump on it instead of putting my own together.

Need to have a talk with you about your timing, Pathfinder. You're about a year late... :)

For those who aren't familiar with Jim Kibler Longrifles, his price for this kit with extra-fancy maple would be $13,500.00 plus shipping - and it would be well worth it. Buying it assembled in the white would cost another $700.00...

Obviously, Pathfinder built this rifle for fun rather than for profit.

That rifle is worth a Whole Lot more pennies than he's asking... if I hadn't already built a Kibler .40 SMR, I'd jump on it instead of putting my own together.

Need to have a talk with you about your timing, Pathfinder. You're about a year late... :)
Sorry about that troy! But you're right, I enjoy building them and have a few more in the way. I guess my personal reference is for a heavier, beefier rifle, but this one is special.

For those who aren't familiar with Jim Kibler Longrifles, his price for this kit with extra-fancy maple would be $13,500.00 plus shipping - and it would be well worth it. Buying it assembled in the white would cost another $700.00...

Obviously, Pathfinder built this rifle for fun rather than for profit.
I think you mean $1,300 (not $13,500. :) )

In my limited experience rifles get lighter as the bore (caliber) increases. Wonder how this one turned out so light.
I have a preference for lighter guns which traces back to following a dog all day with a six pound double unmentionable versus an eight pound unmentionable. Two pounds extra doesn't sound like a lot until you tote it uphill and downhill for six or eight hours.
Pathfinder did a beautiful job. I'd have jumped on this rifle but for the school tax bill on my desk.

Hi SOLANCO- I recently built the Kibler .40 Cal SMR and yup it was a bit heavier. The smaller bore definitely contributed to the added weight of the piece, naturally. I remove a little wood in these builds, but mostly just for minor detailing and shaping. These are so precisely pre-shaped that there is not much extra wood to remove on the SMRs!
Thanks for looking and for your nice comment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back