• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bear Paws Anti Rust & Patch Lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m new into the whole patch lube muzzle loading. What’s the difference between the bear oil and no bear oil? Thanks!
The regular lube is a thicker, harder lube. I designed it about, close to 5 years ago and made it for hunting. I got tired of other lubes breaking down in foul weather and rusting up on me. Even though its a thicker lube, you can still use it on shooting patches. Adding bear oil to it, makes it softer, thinner and easier to spread, plus bear oil has been a long time frontiersman/ mountain man anti rust agent for hundreds of years.

The regular lube is a thicker, harder lube. I designed it about, close to 5 years ago and made it for hunting. I got tired of other lubes breaking down in foul weather and rusting up on me. Even though its a thicker lube, you can still use it on shooting patches. Adding bear oil to it, makes it softer, thinner and easier to spread, plus bear oil has been a long time frontiersman/ mountain man anti rust agent for hundreds of years.

Thank you! I ordered a few tins.

Once your patches are lubed, what is the best way you have found to carry them?

I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but I am not familiar with a loading block. Will you please tell me what a loading block is? Thanks.

Sized for a .490 PRB with a .015 prelubed patch.
I'll load it up later today for a woodswalk tomorrow.

Attachments

• 16137419899898292073972300920136.jpg
    16137419899898292073972300920136.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 121
Thanks. Do you just hold it over the muzzle and push one of the balls into the barrel?

If you leave the patched balls just a little "proud" on one side, they will self-center in the muzzle. Then use your short starter or choked-up-on ramrod to start them down the bore. Note: don't leave a patched round ball in a ball block for any length of time (like weeks). The lube will deteriorate and get hard.

ADK Bigfoot

Back