Bear Paws Anti Rust & Patch Lube

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Frontier's

Buckskins & Black Powder
Reaction score
I’m new into the whole patch lube muzzle loading. What’s the difference between the bear oil and no bear oil? Thanks!
The regular lube is a thicker, harder lube. I designed it about, close to 5 years ago and made it for hunting. I got tired of other lubes breaking down in foul weather and rusting up on me. Even though its a thicker lube, you can still use it on shooting patches. Adding bear oil to it, makes it softer, thinner and easier to spread, plus bear oil has been a long time frontiersman/ mountain man anti rust agent for hundreds of years.

Patch@Ball

36 Cl.
Reaction score
The regular lube is a thicker, harder lube. I designed it about, close to 5 years ago and made it for hunting. I got tired of other lubes breaking down in foul weather and rusting up on me. Even though its a thicker lube, you can still use it on shooting patches. Adding bear oil to it, makes it softer, thinner and easier to spread, plus bear oil has been a long time frontiersman/ mountain man anti rust agent for hundreds of years.
Thank you! I ordered a few tins.

starman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Once your patches are lubed, what is the best way you have found to carry them?

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
yeah i dont know if the site is blocking my sig or what. Thanks for the report on the lube! You'll especially appreciate it in the woods.
Thanks for the video on your site showing how to use the product! Works slick.

If I'm using a loading block, do you recommend any changes?

starman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but I am not familiar with a loading block. Will you please tell me what a loading block is? Thanks.

starman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you just hold it over the muzzle and push one of the balls into the barrel?

ADK Bigfoot

45 Cal.
Reaction score
If you leave the patched balls just a little "proud" on one side, they will self-center in the muzzle. Then use your short starter or choked-up-on ramrod to start them down the bore. Note: don't leave a patched round ball in a ball block for any length of time (like weeks). The lube will deteriorate and get hard.

ADK Bigfoot

Frontier's

Buckskins & Black Powder
Reaction score
You'll want the original anti rust & patch lube i offer for conicals. Its harder and will stick better.

Frontier's

Buckskins & Black Powder
Reaction score
If you're looking for conical bullets, i make them as well and weigh them to within 1 grain or less of each other.

Latest posts