• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bear Paws Anti Rust & Patch Lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered tins. Not sure if old or new. I have not yet tried the product but it is real similar to TOW Mink Oil in consistency if anyone was wondering. I will try and report back. Expecting VERY good results per prior reviews. Thank you!

Ordered tins. Not sure if old or new. I have not yet tried the product but it is real similar to TOW Mink Oil in consistency if anyone was wondering. I will try and report back. Expecting VERY good results per prior reviews. Thank you!
It's softer than mink oil and doesn't get nearly as hard.

Ya. My mink oil stored in metal tool box in summer. Just checked it's pretty hard now! Checked yours and it's same as was! And it's in truck and it's 39 out now. I carried all deer season to use if needed another shot. I did not
One thing that's nice, just light finger pressure warms it up enough to be able to spread it.

Interested in picking some of this up, what would be the best way to get it on strips of #40 drill cloth for patches? I'm new to bp muzzleloading and haven't picked up all of the tricks yet!
I would apply the lube with a small paint brush (well covered), lay the strips on a cokkie sheet to catch the run off, set the tin in the sun for a few hours. Then scrap off the excess.

Or as Jonathan has mentioned "post" above this one.

I would apply the lube with a small paint brush (well covered), lay the strips on a cokkie sheet to catch the run off, set the tin in the sun for a few hours. Then scrap off the excess.

Or as Jonathan has mentioned "post" above this one.

Thank you. I thought that would be a good method I just wasn't sure how saturated it should be, appreciate the advice

Latest posts

Back