• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bear Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not hard to stalk at all. Work the wind, dont be afraid to belly crawl, they don't see well but are not blind so don’t move when they are looking around and watch your noise. Oh, and you’ll never beat their nose!!
Walk
Be careful where you say that, I was mocked on another muzzleloading forum for suggesting that belly crawling was necessary at times.

Well, it took 6 days in the stand in northern Wisconsin but finally got my bear! Saw a small one first day that I let go and another later that day that I would have taken but wouldn't give me a good shot, so didn't push it.
This one came on to the bait the last day of my hunt, 383# sow without cubs, by the head I figured it was a boar. She was nearly dry so must have kicked the cubs out few weeks ago. Big beast that was a real chore getting out of the woods, luckily it was only 70 yds drag to the river where we could float it down to the truck and river was only about 18" at deepest. Fun hunt and hard to be back in real world aside from being back with the family...

20220913_081628~3.jpg

Modify message

Well, it took 6 days in the stand in northern Wisconsin but finally got my bear! Saw a small one first day that I let go and another later that day that I would have taken but wouldn't give me a good shot, so didn't push it.
This one came on to the bait the last day of my hunt, 383# sow without cubs, by the head I figured it was a boar. She was nearly dry so must have kicked the cubs out few weeks ago. Big beast that was a real chore getting out of the woods, luckily it was only 70 yds drag to the river where we could float it down to the truck and river was only about 18" at deepest. Fun hunt and hard to be back in real world aside from being back with the family...

View attachment 162286

Modify message
Wow, that’s awesome. Congratulations! Tell us more about the hunt and the gun used

Good shooting! Have killed one here in WV with my caplock… look forward to using my flintlock on one!

View attachment 162286

Modify message
Nice bear!

Back