• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bear Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Should be a fun time, all packed up and ready to roll in the morning. I will report back after the hunt. 4 guys with tags so should be fun. Probably have some bear grease to spare if anyone is interested. I could probably get as much as I wanted, or process.

Hope y’all have a great hunt and make plenty of memories. I’ll be watching for the update.

Black or brown bear. What kinds of loads and who will be backing you up and what will they carry? Going black bear hunting in Colorado in a few days. 12 gauge smoothbore with Curly Gostomski barrel, 60 caliber smoothbore Tulle, .54 flintlock rifle and .54 percussion. Can use bow or high power in early season too. Good luck. Up north is a lot of territory. Canada, Alaska, Montana?

Enjoy! And I'm jealous!
So envious.from uk. Love to be with you with my .6 bore cape rifle This one coming up November holts auction mmm nice bear coat you can have the burgers

FULL DETAILS FOR LOT 406​

184720.jpg
VIEW 01​

FINE MODERN & ANTIQUE ARMS - NOVEMBER 2022​

Jump to Lot :
Search within this Auction :​
Sale A1122 Lot 406

A .45 FLINTLOCK NORTH AMERICAN PLAINS-RIFLE, no visible serial number,
circa 1820, with octagonal 43 3/4in. barrel, traces of a signature to top-flat, shallow blade fore-sight, applied standing notch rear-sight, flat step-tailed lock with borderline engraving, swan-necked cock and roller to the frizzen spring, walnut 'roman nose' full-stock stained in imitation of stripey maple (broken through and repaired at wrist), brass furniture including complex patchbox with pierced hinge, four barrel keys and replacement ramrod, finish worn with loss to detail

Please click HERE to view Terms & Conditions. Please note all Lots are listed in accordance with UK Law, for overseas buyers, please ensure you are familiar with your relevant local firearms and customs regulations before bidding.

Estimate £400-

I would guess either bait or less likely, dogs. My own lack of skill has never let me close any nearer than 100 yards on a stalk. My one bear taken with unmentionable was 95 yards, further than I would be comfortable with muzzleloader. I dearly want to take one on a stalk with a muzzleloader, if anyone has any stories or tips to benefit us poor hunters...

Not hard to stalk at all. Work the wind, dont be afraid to belly crawl, they don't see well but are not blind so don’t move when they are looking around and watch your noise. Oh, and you’ll never beat their nose!!
Walk

Killed a black bear a few years back in northern Ontario with a un-mentionable rifle, he was about three good steps from me, I was on my way to the stand and bait site for a evening hunt as I was going down the trail he walks out of the brush right besides me, he now graces my wall. Pucker factor was maxed out on that one. I would like to go again but all my hunting buddies I think are scairt to hunt yogi. Good luck on your hunt.

Latest posts

Back