• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bear gun oil.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
So I just made this gun oil out of bear fat. It appears to have turned out very good. I've used it before and it's a fabulous lubricant and protectant. I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas for small containers that I can store it in and be able to deploy it without making a horrible mess.

Attachments

• IMG_20210729_104537646.jpg
    IMG_20210729_104537646.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 53
Very nice and I'll likely purchase one for myself, but I was kind of looking for something pretty inexpensive that I could get, put the oil in and give as gifts to my brothers and some close friends. I like them well enough to give them the oil, but I don't like any of them THIS well. ;)

Wish I would have thought of this a few days ago anyway because I made a TOTW order and could have saved on additional shipping by buying one or more then.

I'll likely purchase one of those silver or brass applicators from Track because they're cool, but I just ordered ten 2 ounce applicator plastic squeeze bottles and two 4 ounce applicator bottles from Amazon. They're inexpensive and will be handy. I'll give them filled with the bear oil to some buddies and my brothers as gifts.

For castor but would work for your oil.
Hot dipped tin has bottom copies. I like to wrap a cut of cloth around it the neck and tie on in the field. Little corked bottles are easy to get
EA931620-2387-4ACD-8477-8DD828B87C30.jpeg
CAD63119-31B0-4DF9-8573-28A3DA412D58.jpeg

Who knows, but I've used all sorts of things over the years and I don't believe I've ever found a solution that beat clean, 100% bear oil.

I was mostly talking about the containers. I hear bear oil is the best, maybe i'll find out someday.
Yup, I too am just waiting for fire restrictions, heat, and smoke to lift and I have a bottle I am waiting to try.
It's been a nice oil coating, the stocks I rubbed down are still nice and shiny a month later. It don't dry out like other oils I have used.

Attachments

• 20210610_151142.jpg
    20210610_151142.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 48
Back