Bear gun oil.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
So I just made this gun oil out of bear fat. It appears to have turned out very good. I've used it before and it's a fabulous lubricant and protectant. I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas for small containers that I can store it in and be able to deploy it without making a horrible mess.

Attachments

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice and I'll likely purchase one for myself, but I was kind of looking for something pretty inexpensive that I could get, put the oil in and give as gifts to my brothers and some close friends. I like them well enough to give them the oil, but I don't like any of them THIS well. ;)

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I would have thought of this a few days ago anyway because I made a TOTW order and could have saved on additional shipping by buying one or more then.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'll likely purchase one of those silver or brass applicators from Track because they're cool, but I just ordered ten 2 ounce applicator plastic squeeze bottles and two 4 ounce applicator bottles from Amazon. They're inexpensive and will be handy. I'll give them filled with the bear oil to some buddies and my brothers as gifts.

tenngun

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
For castor but would work for your oil.
Hot dipped tin has bottom copies. I like to wrap a cut of cloth around it the neck and tie on in the field. Little corked bottles are easy to get
EA931620-2387-4ACD-8477-8DD828B87C30.jpeg
CAD63119-31B0-4DF9-8573-28A3DA412D58.jpeg

Mad L

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen large collections of bottles and sizes at Joanns, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby.
But thos amber ones above look nice!

Eterry

62 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Between Red River Station and Doans Crossing, Tx.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Who knows, but I've used all sorts of things over the years and I don't believe I've ever found a solution that beat clean, 100% bear oil.

Mad L

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I was mostly talking about the containers. I hear bear oil is the best, maybe i'll find out someday.
Yup, I too am just waiting for fire restrictions, heat, and smoke to lift and I have a bottle I am waiting to try.
It's been a nice oil coating, the stocks I rubbed down are still nice and shiny a month later. It don't dry out like other oils I have used.

Attachments