• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BE AWARE - Effective 03Apr22, new $15 Surcharge applies to USPS shipping long packages > 30" long!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received damaged stocks, A gun arriving with the hammer sticking out through a hole in the box, and barrel that was luckily held from falling out of the package by a piece of tape that stuck to the bubble-wrap from Fed-Ex & UPS. Plus you have to argue with them about what their own regulations are. I've never shipped or received any damaged goods when using the USPS.

Also, one time I traded with a feller in Winchester Va(I'm in Pulaski County) he used UPS & his item went to Hagerstown Md then somewhere in Tennessee, then to North Carolina for two stops then right by me on I-81 to Roanoke then finally to me. I used USPS and his item went straight up I-81 & he had it next day.

Twice I have shipped things via USPS flat-rate boxes that have disappeared in shipment. Months later on both, I received the shipping label back still stuck to a portion of the USPS box. Can someone explain that to me?

Not enough padding, not enough tape. Those boxes, for some obscure reason, are made to be 'easy-open'.

I have received damaged stocks, A gun arriving with the hammer sticking out through a hole in the box, and barrel that was luckily held from falling out of the package by a piece of tape that stuck to the bubble-wrap from Fed-Ex & UPS. Plus you have to argue with them about what their own regulations are. I've never shipped or received any damaged goods when using the USPS.

Also, one time I traded with a feller in Winchester Va(I'm in Pulaski County) he used UPS & his item went to Hagerstown Md then somewhere in Tennessee, then to North Carolina for two stops then right by me on I-81 to Roanoke then finally to me. I used USPS and his item went straight up I-81 & he had it next day.
I now tape boxes like I own stock in 3M. It pays to over pad and over wrap the contents when shipping thru ANY of the carriers. 9 out 10 packages are delivered without issue, but...sooner or later there's that one that looks like it went thru a war zone, several times.

Sent a small flat rate box to a buddy in Michigan (from Maryland) a few years back. It spent about a month bouncing around the country. It was in Colorado once or twice, Michigan once and I forget where else. It had some mileage on it when it arrived back to me ripped open and all the contents gone.

In the past six months, FedWrecks and Oops!PS have delivered to me four broken rifles. USPS, on the other hand, hasn't broken any of my stuff. Maybe I have just been lucky.
Geez,, really? You wanna actually express here about your shipping difficulties?
Com`on man,,
let it rest,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back