• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

BE AWARE - Effective 03Apr22, new $15 Surcharge applies to USPS shipping long packages > 30" long!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
There are other NEW surcharges applied on TOP of whatever it usually co$ts you to ship something out. Keep this in mind when selling MZL'drs! Those shipping rifles with hooked breeches would be wise to take them apart ...

USPS.jpg

Seems like some dumb ass with a degree in "i don't know" came up with that. No one there (here anyway) will know how to ship anything and will just try to add all of em. I ship fed ex myself.👎
Recently, FedEx changed their shipping policies for Firearms. They now will only ship them from FFL to FFL. I realize that does not apply here, as MLs are not considered Firearms. Nonetheless, FedEx is making things harder in their own special way. Just a heads up for anyone shipping the other kind of shootin' iron.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

Just had a Muzzleloader build shipped from Ohio to California. "Special built Box" just shy of 6'. :cool: Remark was made by the Post Master that the "box was the best packing job he had ever seen". Shipped and insured? $118.00. Sure can't drive back there and pick it up for that. Received in SUPER GOOD CONDITION. (read NO tire marks on the box) ;)
Where is it Chicago where Muzzleloaders MUST go thru an FFL?

Got a couple off GB a few years back. Stated "must go thru FFL".
Called and mentioned Muzzleloaders were NOT classifieds as firearms in California. Got them in less than a week. :D

Last edited:
And you KNOW someone will cry the blues about the price increase.:oops:Depends on how bad they want it. No use YOU taking it in the shorts for someone that doesn't get it.
This inflation (worst in 40 years according to Bloomburg Report) is costing each of us an additional $433 per month. So, yes someone is going to "cry the blues" at yet another assault on our strained finances. I, sir, am among them.

Just found out at the counter today. Any package over 30" gets this added. Was shipping two rifles that buyers had already paid estimated shipping. So, I took it in the shorts for $30. This is likely another Dejoy Ploy to cripple the USPS.

In the past six months, FedWrecks and Oops!PS have delivered to me four broken rifles. USPS, on the other hand, hasn't broken any of my stuff. Maybe I have just been lucky.
Twice I have shipped things via USPS flat-rate boxes that have disappeared in shipment. Months later on both, I received the shipping label back still stuck to a portion of the USPS box. Can someone explain that to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back