• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Baseballs in a cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I possess a mortar barrel with about a 6 3/4" diameter bore that will hold a one gallon paint can with about 1" protruding. I've toyed with the idea of painting my neighbor's house at about a quarter mile with various cheerful colors :haha: The pressure from the explosive propellant charge would probably shred the can and scatter paint from here to 'Mel Vineys' in the vernacular of the peasantry :grin: Arkansas law prohibits launching projectiles towards inhabited premises, etc, etc, so it remains an academic exercise :hmm: George.

'

zimmerstutzen said:
Off topic, but there was a semi pro baseball team in northern Virginia called the Prince William Cannons.

Odd that we do not speak of potato guns and such, but golf ball guns and baseball guns are ok. In my younger less wise days, in addition to d cell batteries, i also shot apple cores, pencil erasers, and some other miscellaneous stuff as projectiles.

the neatest alternative cannon fodder, I have actually seen, was at the High Plains rondy in 1994. As a kids game,, every afternoon, they loaded a couple pounds of penny candy in a cannon and fired that into an open commons area for the kids tto scramble after. Toddlers got a head start over the others.

Now, I had daydreamed of a load of loose fresh cow manure for the car of a neighbor that had offended me in some forgotten way. I envisioned a few larges platter marks, followed by an odorous brown mist decending upon the vehicle. (I found out that my step son had done something almost worse. He found liver thawing out in the kitchen for dinner and decided that the roof over that neighbor's patio would be a more fitting place than the family stomaches. Needless to say after a few days in the hot June sun, their patio was not a pleasant place.)

LOL...
Spud guns Oh Yes!
Golf balls... built GB cannons at and shot them at work until a few years ago
I know a feller called Pyro aka Candy Man, that still lobs candy each evening at council fire for for the younguns at the annual Rondy.

Now me's thinkin I need to do some building to take my younghuns and grandkids out for some fun......

Latest posts

Back