• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Barrel rebore service

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastleo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I’ve had barrels re bored years ago, who is doing this service nowadays? Any advice I’ll gladly take, who do I avoid and who does the best work in a timely fashion?

Andy

And once you have heard of him you need look no further.

Bobby Hoyt
2379 Mt. Hope Rd.
Fairfield, PA 17320-9756
(717) 642-6696
Agreed. Should get a renegade barrel back soon from him. He is boring it out to .520 for me. Great guy and even better service. Hard to get on the phone, though!

Early morning. I did get him once in the afternoon. If you need to talk to him just keep trying eventually you’ll get him. A lot of people just send him the barrel with a note explaining what they want return address and phone number. He will do the job then return your barrel with a bill for full amount including shipping.

Right Now as of Nov. he is in backlog. I sent a Potsdam Musket barrel to him in Nov. I do not expect it till around Feb.2022. When i talked to him on the phone he stated he had a backlog of barrels. He told me to send my barrel to get it into the que as soon as I could. He said he was backed up and would not be able to get to it till next year. So as Of first part of Nov. he is running 2 months out. He is the best one but there is another barrel worker Whitacre barrels Whitacre's Machine Shop

I still can’t get ahold of bob hoyt, should I just send the barrels with a note? I also tried Ed rayl in gassaway wv and no answer either.

I still can’t get ahold of bob hoyt, should I just send the barrels with a note? I also tried Ed rayl in gassaway wv and no answer either.

That'll work, if Bobby can do it one day you'll get a package and a bill. I usually hand him a barrel and tell him what I think I want and say "use your best judgment".

That'll work, if Bobby can do it one day you'll get a package and a bill. I usually hand him a barrel and tell him what I think I want and say "use your best judgment".

it just feels weird to do that, especially since I have 3 barrels to send. I’ll keep trying to call and if not I’ll send it with a note and hopefully I’ll get them done that way.

Back