• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel length

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golfswithwolves said:
I am sorry that Mr. Twiceboom is no longer a member, as he sometimes had helpful things to offer.
I agree. I don't know what criteria Claude uses to decide who has to go, but it's not "failure to act in an adult manner" or this would have been a mass exodus.

Spence

Spence,

Sad to say but true. I am a fan of short barrelled fowlers. Live in the Maine foothills. Puckerbrush hunting at best. Much as I love m.y shorter barrelled guns.... There is no advantage.

Posted pics above of a NW Trade and a Fusil de Chasse that accounted for a few birds this past Fall.

Lots of theory been said...on this topic. Not much proof in the pudding. :thumbsup:

George said:
I agree. I don't know what criteria Claude uses to decide who has to go, but it's not "failure to act in an adult manner" or this would have been a mass exodus.

Spence

I can't speak for Claude but here's a guess: If you are belligerent, rude to other forum members, make dogmatic statements that are misleading (or potentially harmful) or are tough on the younger buckaroos . . .

Oh, and if someone takes the time to send you a polite private message it's best to respond politely back to them. Just a guess. ;-)

It happens sometimes, we all have to play by the rules some of us get carried away at times some go to far, bottom line is that we are all in someone elses sandbox and the owner of the box calls the shots, many of us walk a thin line due to personal convictions about the sport, sometimes the line is crossed and we are gone, best thing is to learn from this and move on,it is not the first nor will it be the last time someone is gone, but for now there are better things to talk about.

The truth is probably that "a jerk in print is not necessarily a jerk face to face". But then, he may be. It escapes me how personal animosity toward someone you don't know can be generated by reading their posts. This goes especially to the point of name calling. It appears we have a few members who strut around showing their "mental muscles" sort of like rutting deer when they compare antlers before a fight. I don't dismiss their opinions though I will challenge their conclusions from time to time. The space between "I think your opinion is based on faulty....." and "You're an idiot" seems to be much too short.

Latest posts

Back