• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel length

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twice boom said:
Shoot much sporting?

Enough to have a dedicated gun for it. :wink:
And yes they do shoot with pre mounted guns since the rules been changed. And they call for the birds and know which way and how they going to fly..Fact.
Twice.

Very few of the top shots premount on everything is why I asked.

Capt. Jas. said:
Very few of the top shots premount on everything is why I asked.
Not even just so called top shots...when I first started skeet shooting I used the mounted position because that's what was suggested...soon realized I could get on a bird much, much faster just shooting instinctive and haven't pre-mounted a skeet gun for the past quarter century...I just use a relaxed-ready position as if I'm coming up behind a dog

Actually the train wrecked about 5 pages ago. I guess folks love to watch a train wreck. :shocked2:

AHHHHH HAAAAAAAA now i see why i got treated like a rented mule!!! good reading though, think i'll print it out and read on lunch tommorow, if i don't run the printer out of ink!

adkmountainken said:
AHHHHH HAAAAAAAA now i see why i got treated like a rented mule!!! good reading though, think i'll print it out and read on lunch tommorow, if i don't run the printer out of ink!

:thumbsup: It is quite a read.

I just wonder how long BS and personal preference with no factual basis will be allowed to be stated as fact, and it was stated as fact that nothing over 30" would work for Grouse as I recall, this is plan bad policy for the sake of anyone trying to learn about ML's There was a time such behaivior wouild be met with tar and feathes....Grouse feathers.

.Few of the romantics lack in reading comprehension it seems.
If they tell you that anything over 30” will not work on Grouse. When in fact more than once it was said that anything over 30” will not work as well as those at thirty or less.. That is well know fact for all but the side of the road ground slaughters .. :wink:
Twice.

That depends on who is doing the shooting. Just because one person can't handle a 30+ inch barrel effectively doesn't mean that others can't.

Look Bro. No one said they could not handle a barrel over 30" .What we are talking about here is shotgun dynamics with little law of physics sprinkled in. And no, I am not putting down you super human abilities with a long barreled fowler. But if we are to have a cordial and none partisan discussion on gun dynamics than you have to remove yourself from the fascinations with History and long barreled guns. Otherwise I see no point in this discussion.

Twice.

Twice boom said:
Look Bro. No one said they could not handle a barrel over 30" .What we are talking about here is shotgun dynamics with little law of physics sprinkled in. And no, I am not putting down you super human abilities with a long barreled fowler. But if we are to have a cordial and none partisan discussion on gun dynamics than you have to remove yourself from the fascinations with History and long barreled guns. Otherwise I see no point in this discussion.

Twice.
Considering that this is a traditional ML forum and traditional and history go hand in hand, and a seemingly lack of knowledge of the history and evolution of the smoothbore, then you are correct. We have nothing to discuss.

grouse001.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

I wonder how it was hunting grouse with this one. :grin:

THE VIRGINIA GAZETTE
October 5, 1739
About Six Months since, a long Gun , about 6 or 7 Feet in the Barrel, was brought by a young Gentleman of Glocester County, to me, the Subscriber, in Williamsburg, to be new Stock'd and Lock'd; and as I have some Reason to believe, that the Person who brought it is dead, and am desirous the right Owner should have it, I therefore give this Notice, that the Person who has a Right to it, may know where it is, and that he may have it, on proving his Property, and paying the Charges, to me, James Geddy.

Spence

twobarrel said:
Twice boom said:

Twice.
Considering that this is a traditional ML forum and traditional and history go hand in hand, and a seemingly lack of knowledge of the history and evolution of the smoothbore, then you are correct. We have nothing to discuss.
NOTE: Twice Boom is no longer a member here.

I am sorry that Mr. Twiceboom is no longer a member, as he sometimes had helpful things to offer. Too bad that a simple discussion (which should really be a civil and happy discussion) has to lead to ill feelings between members. :idunno:

Back