• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel has arrived!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thanks guys, but if you looked close you’ll notice I’m just a north woods country boy forced to be in the city.
So... finished my sanding, cleaned the steel in preparation for blueing, seems I’m out of blue. On hold again until I can get to the store. Hopefully tomorrow.
Walk

Blueing completed. Two applications took it darker than I desired so time to break out the elbow grease and start rubbing fade spots so it doesn’t look completely new. I got some thinning in between the pipes you can see starting to show. I forgot how much work this is! Whew!! Last time I did this process was in my Lyman GPR kit build about 20+ years ago. I think I remember saying “never again!” Oh well. Nothing but time now.
Walk 0AA482EB-CF41-4C7B-A2AA-AFAF299A12F3.jpeg

Well everyone, all is ready for a range trip. Some more thinning of the blueing still required, as well as pinning the ends of the ramrod and staining it. Overall was a fun project and not too difficult to complete. Not so sure I completed my objective for an English influenced home built fowler for the 1840’s period, but she was done by me hand regardless. Hopefully a range trip on Friday.
Walk
04AD09FB-060D-4B6E-AA2B-1AF2177FC20A.jpegF3582948-1D45-4F02-A04D-75546A0F2A07.jpegEC5606E2-11D6-46A0-8987-D4DAB4B4DC9B.jpeg

Blueing completed. Two applications took it darker than I desired so time to break out the elbow grease and start rubbing fade spots so it doesn’t look completely new. I got some thinning in between the pipes you can see starting to show. I forgot how much work this is! Whew!! Last time I did this process was in my Lyman GPR kit build about 20+ years ago. I think I remember saying “never again!” Oh well. Nothing but time now.
WalkView attachment 66865
Looks great, to me. Shoot the snot out of it. The blueing will fade. :thumb:

Not certain yet how the set trigger will be. I will have to try different techniques out. I do believe I can safely set it prior to cocking the gun. Wont know until I go to try, but will let you know after range trip friday.
Regarding ground slucing, I was raised waterfowl were to be wing shot, but all other birds were whatever opportunity presented itself. I give a manure what anybody else thinks or lives by, especially those born with a silver spoon.
Walk

Not certain yet how the set trigger will be. I will have to try different techniques out. I do believe I can safely set it prior to cocking the gun. Wont know until I go to try, but will let you know after range trip friday.
Regarding ground slucing, I was raised waterfowl were to be wing shot, but all other birds were whatever opportunity presented itself. I give a manure what anybody else thinks or lives by, especially those born with a silver spoon.
Walk
😎👍

Back