• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel and Stock Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josie wales

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Thompson Center renegade I have been using during the MA muzzle loading season for over 30 years. I replaced the .56 smoothbore when the law changed with a Green Mountain .54 round ball special.Now that Thompson sold out to the evil empire S&W parts have just about dried up for the Renegade. I have two questions:

Is there a synthetic stock available for the Renegade? There are thousands of Renegades out there someone should be making one,but searches have been a failure.

Can I have my .56 smooth bore recut to .58 with a 1:32 ROT? Who would you TRUST to do it? The smooth bore isn't doing me any good sitting in a closet. I do not need a smoothbore shotgun I have a 10ga Pedersoli.

Thanks for any help you offer.

Contact b Hoyt......he will do what ever barrel stuff is needed and he goes the extra mile...... :bow:

As for stocks? Don't know about that.....

kaintuck said:
Contact b Hoyt......he will do what ever barrel stuff is needed and he goes the extra mile...... :bow:

+1!!

Mr Hoyt can do any rate of twist you need, if I remember correctly ... he's very busy, and doesn't have a website ... keep trying his phone (717) 642-6696 until you get through ... his work is fantastic and his prices are more than fair.

Make good smoke!

kaintuck said:

A few years back I planted some plastic in the back yard.

Figured if it grew into a tree I would cut it and see if I could get a stock blank out of it.

Nothing has sprogged yet :rotf:

Tom Knight said:
:doh: PLASTIC only grows in California.

No...that's not true. There is a secret place in Pennsylvania....near a place called "Three Mile Island" where darn near anything grows. :stir:

Fortunately, I live west of there so it's well down wind of me. OTOH, they do get some massive bucks out of there. Like 308 point bucks. They just don't advertise that fact. :rotf: :rotf:

probably a year or so back I saw a synthetic renegade stock on evil-bay. only one I've ever seen or heard tell of. don't recall if it was factory or aftermarket.

I have a Renegade factory stock that has a chip at the edge of the lock mortise if that you are welcome to have if that will help.

Back