• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bark River Knives - Patch Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy. Bought a rifle from a guy a while back and this patch knife came with it. It is a Bark River. Says on the blade Bark River Knife and Tool. Escanaba, MI. USA on one side and Prototype on the other. It is 6 3/4 inches long with 3 inch blade. On one side the color is a little darker towards the end of the wood where it stuck out of the sheath. Never been sharpened and blade is perfect. Guy I got it from said it was a higher end knife. Didn't find a lot about them but what I did said these were well over $125 new. Anyone have any experience with Bark River. Think I will sell it but not sure what would be a fair price to ask for it.

Attachments

• DSCN0487.JPG
    DSCN0487.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0494.JPG
    DSCN0494.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0495.JPG
    DSCN0495.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Howdy. Bought a rifle from a guy a while back and this patch knife came with it. It is a Bark River. Says on the blade Bark River Knife and Tool. Escanaba, MI. USA on one side and Prototype on the other. It is 6 3/4 inches long with 3 inch blade. On one side the color is a little darker towards the end of the wood where it stuck out of the sheath. Never been sharpened and blade is perfect. Guy I got it from said it was a higher end knife. Didn't find a lot about them but what I did said these were well over $125 new. Anyone have any experience with Bark River. Think I will sell it but not sure what would be a fair price to ask for it.
Nice knife.

I have 2 Bark River knives. Excellent blades. Not cheap, but very high quality. Both of mine have perfect convex grinds, which is getting hard to find in a non-custom knife, and arrived shaving sharp,,, not arm shaving,,,, face shaving sharp.

Good score.

Bark River has a strong collector following. If you have the box I bet you could get 300.00 for it to a collector. I have a couple of thier knives and find them to be really good. I have also participated in an event called a grind in at thier production facility here in Michigan where you get to build your own knife. That was a great learning experience.

Jay's sporting goods in Clare Michigan carries this brand of knife, prices start at $109. And go up from there. Working from memory, a knife like yours would be in the $129. range, new.

I own 4 Bark River knives. Great knives with convex grind edges. All it takes to keep them shaving sharp in a little stropping. IMO what you have is the perfect knife for deer hunting. Sharp, solid, easy to carry and large enough to handle the field work on a deer.

I like their knives. You may already know, but with the convex grind you don’t want to sharpen it like you would another knife. As someone said, a strip will do a lot to keep it sharp. I have a few with desert ironwood handles.

I have a matched set of 3 Bark River knives. Great knives. Keep it.

A few years ago I spent some time talking to the owner (former production manager for Marbles). Extremely knowledgeable about knives and knife making. Highly recommended.

Ironhand

Back