• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

bank robbery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, most bank tellers are probably not educated in the ways of firearms in general, much less black powder versions. I know for a fact that many criminals have used Airsoft guns or similar after painting over the orange muzzle piece, so the "weapon" looks more realistic to those who might find themselves on the business end of said device.
Tellers are trained to just give up the money without any fuss. No one wants to get hurt and it's insured. The robbers are stupid enough to keep getting fooled by the Dye Packs they get.
That's all we need to have them going after our BP guns
It was only a matter of time before this happened.

Tellers are trained to just give up the money without any fuss. No one wants to get hurt and it's insured. The robbers are stupid enough to keep getting fooled by the Dye Packs they get.

It was only a matter of time before this happened.
Using black powder pistols to commit felonies has happened on several occasions.

There's been talk of closing the black powder "Loophole", their word not mine, for years.

This just adds ammunition to their cause.

I would say that if that revolver was not available, the robbery would have still happened anyway, but another weapon would have been used. I saw a video where a guy robbed the convenience store with an 8 foot long stick. It's almost irrelevant what the weapon is, if somebody wants to rob someone, they're going to find a way to do it.

Also, I could be completely wrong, but it appears that revolver is a conversion. I think I can see a shiny brass cartridge in the cylinders. It looks too big to be a cap.
Screenshot_20221213-105414_Chrome~2.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if a few incidents like this happen, and they end up turning the conversion cylinders into FFL items.

Criminals are going to criminal. Some years ago a Brit upset about UKs gun laws built a gun from hardware store stuff. I bet there are a hunk of us on this forum who could.
Colt and Browning were first building guns in back yard shops, across my street is a Home Depot that sells tools those two could only dream about
A churchman invented percussion
If all guns in America were siezed, it wouldn’t be long till criminals started rearming
And a guy who can cook you a pot of meth has tge brains to make you a gun or powder.

That's the very last thing we need.

"Earlier today, a man who couldn't buy a regular revolver due to his criminal history bought a black powder revolver online and had it shipped to his house without a background check."

I can hear the uproar in the congress already.
And with the loading lever dropped, can be used as an evil foregrip making it an assault revolver.

And with the loading lever dropped, can be used as an evil foregrip making it an assault revolver.
And the way people tip their muzzle up to make the spent primer fall free will make the revolver more reliable.

More assaulty.

And no one needs more than 5 bullets to kill a deer. That's why the old timers left one cylinder empty.

I would say that if that revolver was not available, the robbery would have still happened anyway, but another weapon would have been used. I saw a video where a guy robbed the convenience store with an 8 foot long stick. It's almost irrelevant what the weapon is, if somebody wants to rob someone, they're going to find a way to do it.

Also, I could be completely wrong, but it appears that revolver is a conversion. I think I can see a shiny brass cartridge in the cylinders. It looks too big to be a cap.
View attachment 182525

It wouldn't surprise me if a few incidents like this happen, and they end up turning the conversion cylinders into FFL items.

"Also, I could be completely wrong, but it appears that revolver is a conversion. I think I can see a shiny brass cartridge in the cylinders. It looks too big to be a cap."

Folks here cannot figure out if a skull picture posted previously here is either a hog or coyote, it went to 4 pages.

How can folks here tell by a fuzzy picture it is either a Pietta or Uberti and them the model?

Neechi is right.

"Also, I could be completely wrong, but it appears that revolver is a conversion. I think I can see a shiny brass cartridge in the cylinders. It looks too big to be a cap."

Folks here cannot figure out if a skull picture posted previously here is either a hog or coyote, it went to 4 pages.

How can folks here tell by a fuzzy picture it is either a Pietta or Uberti and them the model?

Neechi is right.
Uberti doesn't make a brass framed 1858 type cap & ball with a 12" barrel, Pietta does.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213-111435_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213-111435_Google.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
Back