• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bama Reb checking in from South Alabama

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bama Reb

32 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy Folks, since Alabama’s deer season is over now (ended Feb 10th) thought I’d register and post from time to time. I’m not a newbie when it comes to smoke poles, been hunting with them over 30 years now and probably have a dozen or more rifles and muskets as well as pistols too, don’t care for the modern inline muzzleloaders as I’m a traditionalist, patched round balls and iron sights for me. I’ve taken many deer with 45, 50, 54 and 58 caliber rifles, nothing like it. Used to be part of a group that did Honor Guard duties for Confederate grave marker dedications here in southeast Alabama so I’ve collected several reproduction guns for that cause as well as authentic firearms of that period as well. I’m a professional genealogist , collect and hunt arrowheads all the time and other relics, love to shoot and burn powder and waste ammo, collect firearms from the 1800’s and love to show em off when I have the opportunity.

Latest posts

Back