• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ball size in 12bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went yesterday for another range test. I was shooting to the left 3' at 25yds ,so I took the barrel off and heated the front turtle site and moved it a tad left. I tryed ffg this time with the .690 ball and .017 patch with 1/2" fiberwad over powder. I shot off the rest 3 times,very good 3-balls cloverleafing dead center 1" over the x. Then I shot offhand 2-sets of 5 shots all grouped 3"to 4". The measure was set at 11/8oz of ffg. I will have to get my scale and find out wieght of this 11/8oz charge. It sounded good and the kick was less than the fffg same volume. Squrriel season starts this week and I will try the 12bore with shot.

Back