• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ball Grip Belt Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My latest belt knife. 9"x1 1/4"x 3//16" distal tapered blade of 01 steel. Tapered tang with mild steel bolsters and bone slab grips. Very lightly aged. Hope you enjoy a look.

wow- we can always count on this guy for really nice concepts and fantastic execution ...

looks great :hatsoff:

Wick-super job. On the scale pins- is there a collar around the pins and the pins peened into the collar? I'm thinking of bone scales but worried about cracking the bone if I peen the pin ends.
Once again-outstanding job as usual.

Awesome! just out of curiosity how do you attach your bolsters? I think I see the pins is that it or do you solder, weld, or braze

Hello Wick, Very nice knife. I had to look-up "distal taper", interesting that it is referencing a swords taper, would this knife be considered a 'bear knife'? :hatsoff:

Most knife blades have a distal taper, much depending on their proposed use. Nearly all forged blades were, and are, tapered from the forging process stretching the blade length, and is also used to taper tangs when needed or desired. The forge tapering allows less steel to be wasted. Distal tapering also allows more flex in the blade, while also affecting the balance and weight of it in a given size.

Back