• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bait Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember searching for period tinderhorns without much success, but this was some time ago. Has anyone found any they would like to share? I've seen the one above, but it looks recently made.

I have found many pics of tinderhorns in museums, on both sides of the pond. I thought I just read a historical ref to one but I can't find now. I'll keep looking.

Jerry

Thank you! Much appreciated.
found this also but not sure what book its from:
horn tinder box 3.jpg

RUM HORNS were also called poison horns. filled with poisoned RUM to kill the Indian that killed you. GOD revenge is sweet!!

It's signed R. Norman, probably Rex Norman who writes for Muzzleloader magazine. Might be from an article of his there.

Spence

It's signed R. Norman, probably Rex Norman who writes for Muzzleloader magazine. Might be from an article of his there.

Spence
Rex Allen Norman : illustarator for "Chronolodgy of the American Fur trade written by Alex Miller and his own book, " 1837 Sketch book of the Western Fur Trade"
Amazon won't let you look into them however but the text looks right

Spence
Now that you mention it Spence, it does also look like the artwork seen in Muzzleloader magazine.

Back