• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Backyard Battery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleshooter2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are my smaller cannons. The locals don't mind too much when I shoot them on the 4th. The Howitzer is a bit loud for my area. So I only shoot it at reenactments.

105_0571.jpg

Andy

rifleshooter2

Nice Collection!!
:master:

When you started to collect, do these babies set you back an arm and a leg?
Also, how do you know amount of powder to use, etc?

My youngest son left me with a 45 caliber swivel gun, set up on the back porch where it can sweep the driveway. I haven't see anybody but the UPS man since he placed it there. :crackup:

I recognize the four to the right. I had a Bangsite cannon like the second one in from the left. Found out that when they say a tiny little measure of carbide they mean it. My cannon made a cloud of flaming acetane and a bunch of cast iron when I overloaded the reservoir. :redface:

Stumppy
If kids did what we use to do when we were in grade school they would be hauled off and toosed in reform school.
Now you talk about playing war that is just what we did !.
We would take a gallon can with a lid. poke a hole about a half inch in from the edge on the bottom of the can. Now tss a chunk of carbide in it give a good spitin in itand then put the lid on and hold it down with your foot and lite a wooden match and touch it off and send the lid across the school yard at the enemy.
We would shoot lids back and forth all recess.
Gawd the good ole days :youcrazy:

Woody

The four on the right are Carbide Cannons the other three are ones I made. The mortar is .75 cal and makes a nice bang with 120grs of FFG powder, the other is a .50 cal 100 grs of FFG works nice. Both of those were made with scrap steel and wood I had in the shop. The big green meanie is a 1 inch bore I got from Hern Iron Works, the carrage is just something I put together until I make a nicer carrage for it. 300gr of FFg will rattle windows. The Carbide cannons are a blast just a little water and carbide and Bang The kids love them. Here is a pic of them having some fun last 4th of July
105_0582.jpg

Andy

My next purchase will be one like old greenie!
I need that on the back deck for the Fourth!

If you get a tube from Hern Iron Works make sure you request a seamless tube in the barrel they make them both ways and the seamless in much safer.
Andy

Back