• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Back to smoothbore and flint

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While DOM tubing is not a suitable gun metal for smokeless cartridges, the PSI rating is much higher than black powder loadings. A lot of smooth bored guns have been made with DOM tubing. I have not heard of a lot of problems with those barrels.

In short, I agree with @ColonialRifleSmith .

The issue I have is not, if it can be shot, it's an issue of what was sold to me, Colerain has not sold a seamed (DOM) barrel according to them, I would not have purchased it if the barrel make was unknown or listed as DOM.
Rick has offered to refund me the sales price when he gets it back and I can't ask for better than that.
Thread is closed as far as I'm concerned and if admin wishes to remove or lock the entire thread I would be good with that also.

Last edited:
The issue I have is not, if it can be shot, it's an issue of what was sold to me, Colerain has not sold a seamed (DOM) barrel according to them, I would not have purchased it if the barrel make was unknown or listed as DOM.
Rick has offered to refund me the sales price when he gets it back and I can't ask for better than that.
Thread is closed as far as I'm concerned and if admin wishes to remove or lock the entire thread I would be good with that also.
What thread?

Not sure what to do with the gun, looks like a welded seam running the full length of the barrel,
two lines very straight about 30 thou apart only visible on the inside.
Hmmm ..... What make barrel is it ? I make barrels from DOM but never used any steel with a seam . If it proofs though I would n have a problem using it personally. If it bothers you , you could probably polish that weld line out of the bore . Hope its shooting well for you .

Hmmm ..... What make barrel is it ? I make barrels from DOM but never used any steel with a seam . If it proofs though I would n have a problem using it personally. If it bothers you , you could probably polish that weld line out of the bore . Hope its shooting well for you .
I had hopes the thread was done, guess not. What make indeed, not Colerain.
Polish out the visual signs of a seam, that changes what exactly. I hope it shoots well for somebody.
I stated before Rick offered a refund and the gun is on it's way back to him, we will see if he's a man of his word. If this barrel is not an issue for a few here then give Rick a shout and buy it.
Attached pictures taken today before it went in the mail back to Rick. I just want my refund and be done with this.

Attachments

• IMG_0510 (2).JPG
    IMG_0510 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0511 (2).JPG
    IMG_0511 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0512 (2).JPG
    IMG_0512 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back