• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back to flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika.G

36 Cal.
Reaction score
New touch hole, on my flintlock gun. Because it has been converted to an impact lock gun, but now back to the original. Believe that the value of an original is higher.

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_120917.jpg
    IMG_20211028_120917.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20211028_120857.jpg
    IMG_20211028_120857.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 183
New touch hole, on my flintlock gun. Because it has been converted to an impact lock gun, but now back to the original. Believe that the value of an original is higher.

Just a FYI...touch hole liner needs to be filed flush to barrel for lock to fit. Would have started with one made for a pistol instead of a modern inline rifle type. Not likely to work with that. Suggest you start over. Call Track of the Wolf and ask for tech help will work. Good luck with your project...c

Just a FYI...touch hole liner needs to be filed flush to barrel for lock to fit. Would have started with one made for a pistol instead of a modern inline rifle type. Not likely to work with that. Suggest you start over. Call Track of the Wolf and ask for tech help will work. Good luck with your project...c

You have no idea what this is like, remade. it really can not be done as you describe. take it easy I fix this.

I think if you look at the picture that liner corrects the issue of the breech being recessed from the side of the barrel. This way the flintlock will be flush against the barrel and breech area.

Incorrect. You are COMPLETELY destroying the value with that modification.

It was modified to percussion (impact) to a degree that has permanently set it's course in action. The barrel was filed to accommodate the percussion lock, it went past merely installing a drum system in conjunction with a "notched" lock plate, that can be "reversed" if done correctly. Your configuration is NOT reversible in any historical context.

Secondly, the unit that you installed to fill the gap (to permit a flint bolster) looks 100% modern, and completely detracts from that handsome pistol.

Do as you wish.

Odd but it works. It seems you have some skills to have done this. Why did you use the round disc instead of making a piece that would square up where the barrel was fitted for a percussion lock? It would have served the same purpose and once blued or aged would have been hard to even see.

Back