• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Back to basics, 3-shot rifle contest, ends April 1, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro224 said:
:hmm: Sounds like yer callin' me out... again... :grin:
I'll shoot my .40 against yours. Ain't scairt. :blah: Even tho I got stock T/C triggers and makeumsmoke open sights and ain't never shot it yet. Yer on! Let me know the particulars. I'm itchin' to shoot that .40 anyway.

BUT, ya gotta shoot somethin' else for THIS contest 'cause the rules say open sights only. I know ya got lotsa other guns that been collectin' dust...
===========================================================================

You mean Im sposta read the rules? :grin:

Rats..redid the 40 cal. barrel and filled the rear sight holes in the barrel and blued over them!
if you don't mind I'll shoot the 36 cal...havn't removed the GM finish yet.
This one has the Davis triggers too...just sayn!..I known your barrel will be hard to beat it's a good-one! :thumbsup:

Well I sent my target in today. Shot it yesterday as it was 74 and sunny here in upstate New York. Did not do so good. Learned another lesson this month and that is I need to practice my offhand shooting. I have not shot offhand in a couple of years. Usually practice with a bench and hunt with shooting sticks or some sort of rest on the treestand. :doh:

Jethro--the 36 is peeped also :youcrazy: ..so it's the 58 or nutin :blah:
bring Visine and a big towel for those crocodile tears! :grin:

Target shot ..read um and weep boy's! only showing 66.3333 percent of my target...the trap is set!
IMG_2311targetfile.jpg

Gee, Makum, guess you already won this one. maybe the rest of us should just wait for next one.
Deadeye

Never know what's behind the white curtain :hmm:

Just baiting the trap! :rotf: For Jethro!

If I remember correctly ..You ain't to bad of a shot!
Don't count anyone out yet!

IF I can get out to shoot before too late I'd like to join, chances are I wont make it though. Just as well, I don't shoot enough these days and I haven't found my best load for my .50 much less zeroed the sight.. (BUT it would be fun to try so if I can get to the range in time you will get a target from me good bad or ugly)

Question: my only smokepole has open sights, but the rear tang is adjustable for elevation and windage. It is a typical V sight, just with adjustment screws installed. Does this qualify for traditional or am I out because of that?

(It is a Traditions Hawken model with left handed caplock and double set trigger)

Adjustable sights are OK. Just as long as they are open sights.
Please do join in the fun. It's as good a reason as any to get out and do a little shootin'. :thumbsup:

Well, with all this so called heat wave here in the east; And me feeling a little spry. I made it to the range and fired my first three and only BP shots since my quadruple bypass on Jan 6 this year. My Lorraine (rifle) must'ave been a little angry with me 'bout that. She just wouldn't stay steady. But I did get three on paper so I was able to send it. I shot 30 rounds of 9mm just to make sure I could. But, the shotgun is still where it needs to be for quick retrieval. It's taken a bit but I'm slowly coming back to some stamina and strength. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% in a couple months.

Good deal Jack! I've been missing ya. Glad to hear you're gettin' back up and around to shootin'. :hatsoff:

Jethro, I'll try to get a target to you late today or early tomorrow. Unfortunately, family commitments, the weather, and range closings have really limited my shooting time. Wouldn't you know it though, the best shooting weather occurred when I had to be away on family business.

Got 'er done and target is in the mail, but Stevie Wonder would have easily outscored me for sure. You see, the area behind our berm and range is being logged and the range is officially closed to protect the loggers. Anyhow, I was allowed to shoot for a few minutes when the log skidder left the woods to unload and cut the logs to length. I may have shot even more poorly than I did today, but being rushed certainly didn't improve things. That's my story, er, excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

Not gonna make this one. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go up and shoot and don't have the gas this weekend..

Ahh well, I got plenty of round ball and almost a pound of powder, I will get the next shoot!

:redface: I was out yesterday(outside,,an out of the running!).....I'm gonna save a stamp...shot lil bro's gun,trying different load than hunting load..this gonna take a lil more shootin.. :wink: see ya next month? lol thanks Jethro! :thumbsup:

polesmith said:
It ain't over till de fat man sings! :grin:

:shocked2: I resemble that statement :shocked2: :grin:

Hey... Mad Irish Jack...Welcome back..
Take your med's
listen to the one you must obey!...

Glad to finally have some competition! :blah:

Now where did I put my glasses?

Back