• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back to basics, 3-shot rifle contest, ends April 1, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
This month we will do just a simple 3-shot rifle contest. It's been a while since we did that. :haha:

The target is a standard 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of typing/printer paper with an X drawn thru the center from corner to corner.

Distance is 50 yards.

Take only 3 shots at your target and send it in. No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 50 yards.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

One target entry per member.

3 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 3 holes will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

Each shot will be measured from the center of the hole to the center of the paper.

The center of the paper will be determined by the judge.

The total of all 3 shot measurements will be added together to determine final score.

Judges decisions are final.

Each members score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your target so we know who won.

The contest runs thru March, 2012.

Mail your target postmarked by April 1, 2012 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

Weather's finally showing signs of cooperating, work load is finally slowing down enought to get out and do some shooting . . . but, alas . . . as with the last shoot, our range is currently shut down pending building up the berms so we can safely shoot there (one berm needs to be built up by 20 feet!). They were supposed to start last week and I'll find out next week if they have made any headway. So, I might get to shoot this one and I might not.

Well, it looks like there might be some good competition this month. :thumbsup:
Let's all hope the weather just keeps on getting better. It was pretty nice here today even tho it was windy. I got the bike fired up after work and went for a ride. First one of the year.

Well I blew my target this morning, one good center shot, one so so and a hang fire that hit the edge of the paper. This is second contest in a row where I saved money on postage! How about some breakables! :grin:

I take it back. Sounds like I'm not going to make it down to the range this month. Ah well, maybe next month!

Well, there's still quite a bit of month left. Shoot if you can. Maybe you'll get to after all.
...Or get in on the next one if you can't. :thumbsup:

What snow?

..I'm in.Jethro got the 40 dialed in now!
IMG_21951.jpg

IMG_22141.jpg

Glad to hear you fellers are meltin' and ready to shoot. :thumbsup:
They're calling for a record high of 80 degrees here tomorrow. :)

Double-dog dare-ya to shoot your 40 against mine! :blah:
R.E.Davis ds triggers and a tang peep....Just sayn!
IMG_21911-1.jpg

:hmm: Sounds like yer callin' me out... again... :grin:
I'll shoot my .40 against yours. Ain't scairt. :blah: Even tho I got stock T/C triggers and makeumsmoke open sights and ain't never shot it yet. Yer on! Let me know the particulars. I'm itchin' to shoot that .40 anyway.

BUT, ya gotta shoot somethin' else for THIS contest 'cause the rules say open sights only. I know ya got lotsa other guns that been collectin' dust...

man, i'd like to join in on the fun, i've never competed in any contest like this before. i'll go shoot this weekend and send in my target.

Latest posts

Back