• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

back from the sandbox...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54MAN

32 Cal.
Reaction score
well i made it back from the sandbox 48 hours ago and after spending some time with my beautiful wife i got to play with my toys...while overseas i ordered a traditions deerhunter and a lyman trade rifle and got to compare them along with my pedersoli blue ridge which i had ordered last deployment (anyone seeing a pattern when i leave and get bored lol )no i havent been able to shoot them yet cause i still need to hit a supply store and pick up some new jags brushes and bp (does cabelas carry real bp?) must say though having compared them the blue ridge is definitely the winner in the quality department. has a much smoother lock (and its the old leaf spring style vs coil spring) wood to metal fit is much better...but i must say a much bigger hassle to take apart and clean... the lyman is nice, has a more comfortable stock and the recoil im sure will be much less, put a 57 peep on it (yes i know...a sin..but the blue ridge is still or with filed sights lol) and of course the deerhunter has the fiber optics...cant say i can knock traditions really...the quality of the lock is on par with the lyman, smoother on top of that.. but the best part is the wife actually likes it cause its so short and light...and wants to try it :) anyhow..just excited to be back and cant wait to take them to the range...

Glad you made it back pard, I'm sure you will have fun with your new toys. :hatsoff:

GLAD YOU MADE IT BACK!!!! Now take some time and settle in it'll take awhile ...be patient and above all "make smoke" with your toys thanks for your service too.
majg1234
USAR (ret)

Good ta see ya back in one peice.

The local Cabelas here do not carry real black.

Like majg said, settle in, take a breather,,

Welcome home! Get out and enjoy those new toys, you've more than earned it. If the wife enjoys it you have some good time to spend together :thumbsup: . As said take some time to relax and take a breath though. By the way... :photoSmile:

Welcome home! No, I don't think that Cabelas carries real BP, at least not the ones I've been to. I do know that the Bass Pro Shop near me carries Goex but the best way to get the real stuff at a good price is to order it. Have fun with your new toys!

Thanks for your service and like has been said sit back relax and enjoy your new toys!!!

Welcome back, now take the time to truly enjoy the family and the new toys.

Here is to you :hatsoff: for what you do for us and your country! :thumbsup:

Yes sir, welcome home, glad you made it safely, and many thanks for your service :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Thank you for your service.

Glad you made it home in one piece! and got to spend time with the wifey!

Add another Welcome home, and Thank You! Enjoy the family and the toys, and like someone mentioned above, maybe you can combine the two for some quality time.

(I know my MLs helped me relax when I got back, so hope they will do the same for you.)

WELCOME HOME Brother!!!

From one soldier to another, glad you made it home!

Enjoy the family and all the little things you missed.

Good luck on the shooting too. :thumbsup:

Cheers, DonK

Back