• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Babcock Open frame rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No discussion about modern Muzzle loaders... other than to state that some designs are open as well, so concerns over cap fragments aren't apparently that much of a concern. There were pull-cock designs from the 1700's and 1800's so that's not modern either. That was the irritating bit, and I see it a lot on forums (not just this one), and it's the same sort always doing it. Thanks for wandering in and not discussing the actual topic, but only pointing out that this isn't a slippery slope, and doesn't violate the rules; something 2 or 3 orthers have done already. Not trying to come off as " a nickname for Richard- ish", so please don't take it that way.
WOW so IF your reference by way of photograph was deemed a discussion of a modern system it would have been deleted. It was not, but merely a caution was issued to the group, because there are those that see such, and don't understand and think it's ok to simply start talking about the modern rifles, retro engineered to conform to a legal definition of a muzzleloader used for hunting. Which, is not allowed here.

It's your apparent opinion that this forum's distinction is not valid. OK that's fine..., but your opinion doesn't prevail here. Neither does mine, for I was not asked to establish the standard. It was established long before I arrived. My job is just oversight.

You, and any other person on the forum of course are free to start your own forum, and not have the distinction enforced...,
If the distinction here irks you, then you are free of course to "vote with your feet" and depart the group, as we are all free to do so. Nobody's presence here is mandatory.

However, a debate on what is and is not part of a category banned prior to a member's membership, and acceptance of that ban was part of the member ship accepted by the new member, is a defacto discussion of that which is not permitted.

Here endeth the thread.

Embrace the old technology and learn to use it. Don't try to shortcut your laziness with modern innovation.

Some of us like the old traditional gear because it IS hard and not as efficient. That's what this site is all about. We learn to build our skills, not our equipment.

"You'd be crazy to hunt that way with our limited time and game regulations." And if you don't understand why that is the very reason why we do it you need to find someplace else to hang out. Or hang around and maybe you'll "get it" and join us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back