Quantcast

WANTED Austin & Halleck set trigger adjustment screw

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

fire bear

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’m looking for an Austin & Halleck flint mountain rifle set trigger adjustment screw, I lost mine. The rifle barrel is marked Provo in case there was a difference with their different production locations. Anyone know where I might find one (or three). Thanks for your help.

fire bear

32 Cal
Reaction score
Yes, Try your local hardware stores. Start with the "set" screws...c
I went to my local hardware store and asked about set screws, the clerk said they had lots of sets of screws so I had to explain that I was looking for a single screw that would adjust how far a fulcrum could go up and/or down. After thinking for a moment the clerk took me over to a stool with a round seat and said sit. So I sat down and to my surprise the clerk gave me a hard push on my shoulder and that push made me spin on that stool. The clerk then explained that there was a big screw attached to the bottom of the round seat and that a push on one shoulder would make the sitter go up and a push on the other shoulder would make the sitter go down. The clerk admitted that he did not know what fulcrum I was talking about but would be happy to sell me the stool after all sit and sat are awful close to set. I was able to leave the store without buying the stool when I explained his set screw was much too big, the one I was looking for was about 1/16" in diameter with very fine threads.

Reaction score
Fun story...but, asking most hardware store employees to help with anything gun related is likely a waste of time...Just try for screw fit and cut to needed size if needed has worked for me many time at the local True Value...c

Last edited by a moderator:

ramblin man

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Deer Creek Products has all the leftover pArts from AH. I bought a hammer and sear from them recently. A&H used triggers and locks made by Ardesa Spain. Same company that makes Traditions. Some of Traditions parts interchange with A&H. I have bought parts directly from Ardesa also.