• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

AUGUST MATCH-Back To The Basics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoothbores are special on a whole different level that is tough to describe. I used my fowler on the first match but it just wasn't my day.

Then I picked up a 36 cal Lehigh rifle that I've fell in love with, so I shoot that every chance I get.

Im glad you guys are enjoying it! I am actually having fun pitting them on so I will definitely keep them coming as long as I am able!

Nessmuk, your target arrived! I more than likely wont make the October rondy you sent, but Im going to plan for and budgetto go to the Mazazal rondy in November.

I got mine in the mail Monday. First time doing this. What is the most common caliber used?

I usually use a 58 caliber hence my handle however on occasion I use the 32 SMR. The 58 is my hunting rifle and I like a lot of practice with it. :thumbsup:

Dave

I have used my 36, 28 gauge fowler, and 45 caliber. Kind of just depends on what the mood is.

Mike I havent really tracked caliber use, but were I to guess Id say all of the above!

I've gotten at least one .32, and a few .36 or .40's and some 54's and of course the 58.

Mine will be in the mail today with two extra 22 caliber holes from the grandsons who thought shooting my target would be fun. Oh well, it is what it is. :confused:

No they didn't outshoot grandpa and I was using a 50 caliber Traditions that I dug out of the gun cabinet. I hadn't fired it in a year or two and then only a few rounds. I just wanted to see what it would do. It was a cheapie that I picked up at a local gun shop. It had some minor barrel rust, but cleaned up pretty well.

We should do a holiday themed one this fall. Something like pumpkin or turkey targets maybe.

Latest posts

Back