• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

AUGUST MATCH-Back To The Basics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Once again Adui has come up with a contest for all of you. :)

Adui is the guy to ask if you have questions. I am posting this for him because this area of the forum will only allow moderators to create posts so, if you have questions or comments, please address them to him.

Zonie

Basic Bullseye target shoot

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am unable to upload special targets at this time. So, we are going back to basics again; sort of!

Find your Target here:
http://www.mytargets.com/Target2.pdf

Scoring will be as follows:

Shots are to be taken off hand at 25 yards.

Take 5 shots at the bullseye.

Note that the bullseye has a roughly 1” center dot and a 2” main bullseye ring.

Breaking the line on any ring counts as a hit to that ring.

The center bullseye is worth 5 points.

The outer bullseye is worth 3 points.

The next ring is worth 2 points, and the outer ring is 1 point.

Misses are zero.

Highest score wins

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

This target requires that I can see the center dot so once again no center dot stickers please.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms (NO Cannons); Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber; (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance. (Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso. In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by August 31st, 2018 to:

Terry Stephens
9043 E Butternut Ave
Mesa AZ 85208

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot two targets today, just set them up side by side and fired away. Interesting to me, one of them appears to have a better grouping but the scores are the same - not great. I'll hang onto them for a week or so in case I get the chance to try again.

russellshaffer said:
I shot two targets today, just set them up side by side and fired away. Interesting to me, one of them appears to have a better grouping but the scores are the same - not great. I'll hang onto them for a week or so in case I get the chance to try again.
:nono:

Not trying to be a jerk, but you seem to have missed the part in the rules that says no do overs..

I'll accept either of the two you have if you want to send it.

russellshaffer said:
I don't think you would make a very good traffic cop. ~Snip~
:grin: Oddly enough, years ago, the first time I went to college I was studying to be just that! part of my program allowed me to ride with the Oregon State Police once a week.
It was this, and some issues I had with certain laws at the time I wont go into, that led me to the same conclusion. So I dropped criminal justice and went on being a Navy vet turned civilian till I went to school for accounting years later.
In retrospect I believe it was the right decision!

Got mine shot today and will be in the mail tomorrow. Acceptable by my standards.

My first shot was bad. Should have just put the gun down, but I didn't.

2 in the bulls eye. 2 in the 3 point ring, and 1 in the 1 point ring.

I'll look for it! And Yes Im interested in Rondy's in the area. If I can scrape up the small amount of $$ to go I definitely will attend at least one.

Sadly, it doesnt look like I'm going to make the 4th Sunday shoot of the Rio Salado group this month.Another situation has come up

Thank you for going through the time to put these on.

May take the fowler out and shoot with that if I have the time. More for kicks than anything else.

It may sound cheesy, but it helps me to have a reason to shoot to make me actually get out.

Back